HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Online outrage over Ohio ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:46 PM

Online outrage over Ohio rape case prompts city website

Source: CNN

Steubenville, Ohio (CNN) -- Amid social media pressure and allegations of a cover-up, leaders in Steubenville, Ohio, have launched a website to keep the community updated on a rape case that has consumed the small Ohio town.

"With looking at the facts of the case, the rumors, the social media ... we proceeded in setting up SteubenvilleFacts.org that will present only the facts and provide information on the government of the city, as well as the transparency and the timeline of the evidence," City Manager Cathy Davison said at a news conference Saturday.

Davison said the website is meant to combat the perception that "everyone in Steubenville is acting or is like the individuals that are involved in the case. That we are a community that is run by football. That is not the case."

Some residents have accused outsiders of trying to ruin the reputation of the town's high school football team.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/05/justice/ohio-steubenville-alleged-rape-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

They're worried about the reputation of the high school football team??

90 replies, 16739 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 90 replies Author Time Post
Reply Online outrage over Ohio rape case prompts city website (Original post)
NeoConsSuck Jan 2013 OP
Tempest Jan 2013 #1
Coyotl Jan 2013 #14
BlancheSplanchnik Jan 2013 #16
caseymoz Jan 2013 #22
seabeyond Jan 2013 #25
caseymoz Jan 2013 #35
seabeyond Jan 2013 #37
arcane1 Jan 2013 #34
starroute Jan 2013 #41
TXDem72 Jan 2013 #2
Tempest Jan 2013 #4
happyslug Jan 2013 #52
Tempest Jan 2013 #54
happyslug Jan 2013 #57
Tempest Jan 2013 #58
happyslug Jan 2013 #64
Tempest Jan 2013 #65
happyslug Jan 2013 #66
Tempest Jan 2013 #67
happyslug Jan 2013 #69
yardwork Jan 2013 #76
happyslug Jan 2013 #77
yardwork Jan 2013 #78
happyslug Jan 2013 #79
Tempest Jan 2013 #85
Tempest Jan 2013 #84
Tempest Jan 2013 #68
Confusious Jan 2013 #5
Tempest Jan 2013 #8
mbperrin Jan 2013 #18
Tempest Jan 2013 #23
mbperrin Jan 2013 #36
Tempest Jan 2013 #38
mbperrin Jan 2013 #40
Tempest Jan 2013 #50
happyslug Jan 2013 #60
mbperrin Jan 2013 #62
Tempest Jan 2013 #63
happyslug Jan 2013 #70
yardwork Jan 2013 #75
happyslug Jan 2013 #80
happyslug Jan 2013 #82
Tempest Jan 2013 #86
yardwork Jan 2013 #88
msanthrope Jan 2013 #89
happyslug Jan 2013 #90
happyslug Jan 2013 #83
Tempest Jan 2013 #87
Tempest Jan 2013 #3
rightsideout Jan 2013 #28
tblue Jan 2013 #6
caseymoz Jan 2013 #17
wandy Jan 2013 #7
Vanje Jan 2013 #9
starroute Jan 2013 #24
Tempest Jan 2013 #39
Comrade Grumpy Jan 2013 #48
pinto Jan 2013 #10
Tempest Jan 2013 #11
seabeyond Jan 2013 #12
kath Jan 2013 #56
Tempest Jan 2013 #59
Tempest Jan 2013 #13
etherealtruth Jan 2013 #15
BlancheSplanchnik Jan 2013 #19
CrazyOrangeCat Jan 2013 #20
caseymoz Jan 2013 #21
lolly Jan 2013 #45
caseymoz Jan 2013 #46
Posteritatis Jan 2013 #26
OnionPatch Jan 2013 #81
Odin2005 Jan 2013 #27
Brigid Jan 2013 #29
starroute Jan 2013 #30
starroute Jan 2013 #33
OnionPatch Jan 2013 #43
lovuian Jan 2013 #51
yardwork Jan 2013 #53
Tempest Jan 2013 #55
ladym55 Jan 2013 #31
TrogL Jan 2013 #32
Drum Jan 2013 #42
certainot Jan 2013 #44
seabeyond Jan 2013 #47
certainot Jan 2013 #71
certainot Jan 2013 #72
certainot Jan 2013 #73
seabeyond Jan 2013 #74
SemperEadem Jan 2013 #49
tawadi Jan 2013 #61

Response to NeoConsSuck (Original post)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:51 PM

1. According to a journalist who has reported on the town...

Football games bring in the most revenue to the town.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tempest (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:40 PM

14. The Steubenville Files on LocalLeaks.

The Steubenville Files
http://localleaks.blogs.ru/2013/01/01/steubenvillefiles/

Ever since we launched LocalLeaks in June of 2011, we have received hundreds of leaks. Many of our disclosures have caused us to pause with grief for the victims of corruption or wrong-doing. But nothing has so completely moved the staff of LocalLeaks with such heart-break as this disclosure has. When we were presented with the copious body of material that is the source for this disclosure, all the LocalLeaks volunteers began working around the clock to organize, analyze, fact-check, verify – and prepare this disclosure for release. First and foremost, our heart and condolences go out to the young lady who was the victim of this brutal and brazen attack, and to her family. We pray that this disclosure can bring them some comfort, and that by bringing a measure of transparency to Steubenville, Ohio perhaps also some REAL justice to the victim of this horrible crime.

This disclosure is ONGOING. We expect to be updating this page several times a day for the foreseeable future, so check back often for new material. The staff of LocalLeaks is still receiving leaks from every strata of society in Steubenville, and we expect to receive even more material now that we have released this disclosure to the public. LocalLeaks will continue to analyze this new material and add to this disclosure indefinitely. We STRONGLY urge anyone with sensitive material or information regarding this disclosure to go to our main website and leak that information to us. We promise to protect your anonymity and to get the biggest political impact for the risk that you take. Finally, we KNOW from the evidence that there are not only more attackers in this “Rape Crew” out there that need to be apprehended and brought to justice, but we are absolutely certain there are more victims as well. We know of at least three other girls who were drugged and gang raped by “The Rape Crew” last year. If you have been victimized by these young men, we BEG of you to PLEASE come forward. Tell your parents, confide in a counselor – anything. If you trust no one else, then contact us – we will keep you safe and work with you to help you receive the justice you deserve

Reply to this post

Response to Coyotl (Reply #14)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:01 PM

16. good they started this website.

Football town. Just like the New Jersey town in the book "Our Guys", about another gang rape of a mentally disabled girl.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:27 PM

22. Un-friggin-believable.

Last edited Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:31 PM - Edit history (1)

The allegations in there are shocking, and if it's true, it might be some of the best "local" journalism I've ever seen. I wish my paper would attempt this. Welcome to Internet Age journalism.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:47 PM

25. just those two paragraphs gave me chills... nt

Reply to this post

Response to seabeyond (Reply #25)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:35 PM

35. You hear of this happening now and then

concerning athletes, but no other article I've ever seen exposes the whole apparatus of protectors and enablers behind the scenes the way this one does.

Reply to this post

Response to caseymoz (Reply #35)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:49 PM

37. you are right. of course this is nto a first and wont be the last. but, i have never heard

of dragging the girl to three parties, and coaches so involved. then add the prosecutors son involved and her home being one of them. i hear ya....

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:30 PM

34. I had never heard of LocalLeaks before today

I think I need to start paying them more attention!

Reply to this post

Response to arcane1 (Reply #34)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 10:14 PM

41. Here's what I was able to find out about them

They've been around for two years, but their focus is local -- as the name says -- and this seems to be their first high-profile, national story.

http://www.good.is/posts/local-leaks-now-you-can-be-your-own-julian-assange

January 27, 2011

Inspired by the world-changing success of the whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks, students and professors at the City University of New York's Graduate School of Journalism have put together LocalLeaks, an internet tip-line that allows citizens to anonymously reach hundreds of local newspapers around America.

If you've got a hot story you'd like to see reported, use LocalLeaks to pick from more than 1,400 reputable papers who want your tips, and then send your sensitive information, comfortable with the knowledge that nobody will be able to trace you if you don't want them to.

http://wlcentral.org/node/1985

2011-07-05 LocalLeaks and HackerLeaks Press Release

First we would like to thank the global media for being so attentive to the launch of our two new disclosure platforms. We would also like to thank the several dozen people who already trusted us with their sensitive leaks. It has been a remarkable week for those of us who staff these two important projects. None of us ever expected in our wildest dreams the enormity of the reaction to these two ideas.

However we have some sobering news to report. Today, Independence Day in the USA no less - our registrar has suspended our Top Level Domains and shut down both sites. Having failed to explain their reasoning we are left to assume that it was our content they didn't like, and so both HackerLeaks and LocalLeaks have been effectively silenced - censored - and shut down. . . .

We are in process of registering new Top Level Domains for HackerLeaks and LocalLeaks. The sites and the platforms themselves are fine, and anyway we have back-up copies of both sites as well as mirror servers. Both of these important offerings will be back online within 48 hours and this will not stop our project.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:53 PM

2. Why have these cases not been transferred to adult court? Nt

Reply to this post

Response to TXDem72 (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:54 PM

4. Because the prosecutor (the mother of one of the boys involved)

It was her decision.

She is now off the case and it's certain they will be tried in adult court.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 01:37 PM

52. The Local Prosecutor son was NOT involved AND it is a Ohio AG case anyway

This case is being handled by the Ohio Attorney General NOT the local DA. The Local DA, states her son was NOT involved, but to avoid even the appearance of favoritism, the local DA turned the case over to the Ohio Attorney General.

Furthermore the local Prosecutor did step aside in AUGUST 2012, due to the alleged possibility of prejudice to protect her family:
http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/special-prosecutors-handle-jefferson-county-rape-i/nRLhZ/

For more on the Prosecutor's recent statement:
http://www.heraldstaronline.com/page/content.detail/id/581802/Hanlin-issues-statement.html

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #52)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 03:20 PM

54. Her son's last name is Keenan and he's a member of the "Rape Crew".

And it's said he was one of the boys who recorded the rapes and assault.

"This case is being handled by the Ohio Attorney General NOT the local DA"

NOW it's being handled by the Ohio AG. It wasn't before. Before it was the local DA. And she committed obstruction of justice by attempting to protect her son by getting the family not to press charges.

And you expect me to believe anything coming out of her mouth. I'm not that naive.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #54)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 11:03 PM

57. Please site source of your report

I cited both the Steubenville Newspaper and the Steubenville TV Station for the fact I stated. Just repeating something does NOT make it true, the real test is the source, what is your source?

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #57)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 11:27 PM

58. Yeah, like you're going to get any information from those trying to cover it up

My source is LocalLeaks and a local journalist by the name of Alexandria Goddard. Goddard doesn't work for any of the local media. She had to leave town with her family after her reporting caused her and her family to receive death threats from those in town.

The rapes occurred at his house. He was there. He participated. And his mother was aware of his participation and attempted to cover it up.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #58)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:15 AM

64. Alexandria Goddard does say the rape occurred at a COACH's House, not the Prosecutor's house

http://prinniefied.com/wp/steubenville-big-red-rape-accusations-the-other-perpetrators/

That night while in attendance at a party that was allegedly held at a COACH’s home, underage students were drinking to celebrate the end of the summer.

The "Crime" alleged by the author relate to the crime of dissemination of the videotaped attack. and underage drinking. AS to the dissemination of the videotaped attack, I can NOT find any statute that makes that a crime in Ohio, it is a crime to STEAL videos from someone else, but I can NOT see anything about distributing photos or videos of people, even when the person in the Photo or Video objects to the distribution of said Video or Photo.

AS to underage drinking AND serving alcohol to underage teenagers, Here is the Ohio Statute on underage drinking AND serving alcohol to underage minors, go to subsection (E)(1) and Sub Section (F).
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4301.69

Here is the section that says all of the above is only Misdemeanors of the first through fifth degree (Providing alcohol to teens is a Misdemeanor of the First Degree in Ohio).
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4301.99

Thus the requirement that people report a FELONY does not come into play AT ALL, for the only crime (except for the Rape) were misdemeanors.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #64)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:20 AM

65. It happened at several houses, including Keenan's.

It BEGAN at the coaches house.

She was carried unconscious from house to house. The boys are fucking talking about it on the tapes.

And did your "local media" report that she tested positive for the date rape drug?

You apparently failed to go to LocalLeaks and read the dox dump.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #65)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:33 AM

66. The Cite I reviewed ONLY mentioned the Coach's house

If you have another cite, please provide it so I can review it.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #66)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:51 AM

67. Then you haven't done your homework

Last edited Mon Jan 7, 2013, 01:29 AM - Edit history (1)

"If you have another cite, please provide it so I can review it. "

I gave you the source, do you're own search. And if that's too much work for you, see post #14.

And your silence on my question whether the local media reported she tested positive for the date rape drug tells me they didn't. And you want to use them as a reliable source.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #67)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:27 AM

69. The Blog you cite, implies otherwise, but says the Prosecutor did nothing wrong

http://localleaks.blogs.ru/2013/01/01/steubenvillefiles/

That can be seen in the following quote from the article:

Jane Hanlin was present. She strongly discouraged them from filing. Hanlin frightened not only the victim, but the parents as well. Telling them that her name was going to be dragged through the mud, she will be in and out of court for well over two years, the press would’t leave any of the family alone once the crime was made public.

I hate to say this, if the victim had come into my office, and I do NO know her at all, I would have told her the same thing, the victim's name was going to be dragged through the mud and she be in and out of court for up to two years. An Attorney should NOT only advise a client about the law, but all aspects of the case, including what to expect and how long the ligation will take place. Thus your apparent position is that the Prosecutor should be PUNISH for telling the victim the TRUTH. Maybe it is me, but people need to know what will occur in such litigation, not have it dumped on them at trial.

Remember our court system is designed to protect the DEFENDANT from the STATE, for the State has all the money and power to use against the Defendant. The Victim is a piece of evidence subject to any legally permissible examination by the Defendant (Generally through his Attorney). Given the nature of Rape, this means what did the Victim actually agree to is important, through the various rape shield laws do come into play. From what I have read the issue is what occurred, and what is being reported is NOT how ANY two Attorneys from ANY State Attorney General Office would handle such a crime, if they had evidence to support those alleged facts. Simply put, this case sounds like it had been blown out of proportion as to the actions of the Police (who has jurisdiction over the case), the Sheriff (Whose authority over the Steubenville police is minimal) and the local Prosecutor (Who has been out of the case since AUGUST).

Now the actual Rape Case goes to trial in February, and maybe then we will see what evidence the Police have. Prior to that all that is being reported is more speculation then fact. What I have heard of the Video, most of the reports involve a Video that has gone viral on the internet, but it is of other teens taking about the rape, it is bad, but it is NOT a video of the actual Rape, but a Video of other teens opinion as to the Rape.

I have also read a report that a video of the actual rape (or of the Victim naked) exists, if true, then that would be evidence at the trial. If such a video exists, it should be in Police hands, but if did exists AND more then two people are involved (other then the victim) why has the Attorney General only filed against the two defendants? The report of this video are second hand (if not third, fourth or worse hand) of people who saw the Video. I have read reports of such a video, but it may be just comments on the video of the other teems comments that has taken a life of its own (i.e. people heard about the first video and then mis-reported about that video till a story developed of a video of the actual rape, instead of a video of teens talking badly of the victim).

Maybe its me, but the "facts" being cited about this case is like the "facts" Joseph McCarthy said in the late 1940s and 1950s, allegations to support a witch hunt, allegations with NO evidence behind them OR taken out of context. My fear of a Witch Hunt may be coloring my view of this case, but I need FACTS not ALLEGATIONS disguised as facts.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #69)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:49 PM

76. Jane Hanlin is the mother of one of the witnesses to the rapes that took place at her house.

She was wrong not to recuse herself immediately. She has a clear and obvious conflict of interest. Her efforts to discourage the victim from pressing charges look self-serving, since her son was one of those who might have been charged. He's one of the witnesses who testified at the probable cause hearing that he observed rapes while they were taking place at his house.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #76)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 06:13 PM

77. She did recuse herself on August 27, 2012, the rape was reported in August 14, 2012

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/special-prosecutors-handle-jefferson-county-rape-i/nRLhZ/

The rape was reported on August 14, 2012:
http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/breaking-news-steubenville-teens-officially-charge/nRJsQ/

It takes time for things like that to work its way through the court system. She can NOT just go to her boss and asked to be re-assigned, she had to go to ANOTHER elected official in another city and ask him to take over. It is a very rare situation, thus it takes time, two weeks sounds about right. I do NOT know how she could have recursed herself any faster, such recusal is NOT something you just give a call to the Attorney General, you first call his office, and tell him why, and then the two work out the how, when and who. In the mean time the Prosecutor is still on charge of the case, for an arrest has been made the the 180 time period to have a speedy trial would have started to kick in. If the trial does NOT start within 180 days, the accused right to a speedy trial would have been violated and the case would have had to be dismissed, is that what you wanted? The only person who can delay the trial beyond 180 days is the defendants (who often do), but the Defendants do so to prepare their side NOT to help the prosecution. Thus the prosecutor's recusal (and the assignment of an out of county Judge) sounds proper and remember it did occur in AUGUST.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #77)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 09:31 PM

78. Why did she meet with the victim and her family and discourage them from filing charges?

It looks bad. It looks self-serving. Did she disclose to them that her son was involved? Did she disclose to them that she knew that one of the assaults took place in her own house?

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #78)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 10:10 PM

79. From the sources I have read NONE of those accusation are true

It is ALLEGED that her son is involved. it is alleged that the assault took place in her home, but those are only on the net and NOT on any reliable site. I can say YOU were involved and the only reason you are attacking her is to cover up YOUR ACTIONS. Such an accusation would have no basis in fact, but it would be on the net and people will cite it. Thus my position do you have a RELIABLE cite for such accusations? I made that request to another person, and she referred me to a cite that clearly stated that it had made NO SUCH STATEMENT. This case has been blown out of proportion by the net.

I have to compare it to the Yablonski murders of the 1970s. Yablonski, his wife and 25 year old daughter were found murdered. After an extensive investigation the murders were found and convicted, but no one believe they did this killing just because they hated Yoblonski, it was believed from day one that Tony Boyle, leader of the United Mine Workers of America was involved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Yablonski

It took several years, but finally the case developed against Tony Boyle and he was convicted and sentence to jail. It took a lot of work, and going one step at a time. The first step was to convict the persons who did the actual shooting, then work your way upward. The same in this case, if they is any corruption it will come out in the trial or after the defendants are convicted. On the other hand, at trial it may come out no one else was involved, it is all speculation at the present time and lets keep the speculation is prospective, i.e. try to stay with credible facts and that mean credible sources. Right now I have read all types of accusations, some may be true, but much of it appears to be wishful thinking in a negative way (i.e. other teens commenting on the rape using derogatory terms being held to be involved in the actual rape or cover up of the rape when it is clear all they are doing is saying derogatory things about the victim on the net). I hate to say this, lets wait till the trial, it is only next month.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #79)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:52 PM

85. What are your sources?

Because our sources directly contradict yours.

For example, she talked to the family before recusing herself and tried to talk them out of filing charges. That is straight from the family and meeting notes.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #77)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:51 PM

84. She did not recluse herself when she should have

She attempted to get the family not to press charges before she recused herself.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #66)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:53 AM

68. I also find it interesting you're responding to this subthread...

But not the one where you claimed no felonies took place and I listed three felonies which occurred.

Reply to this post

Response to TXDem72 (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:55 PM

5. The only cases I've heard of that get transfered are murder.

Is it worse then murder?

Reply to this post

Response to Confusious (Reply #5)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:09 PM

8. Prosecutor misconduct

The prosecutor is the mother of one of the boys involved. It was her decision. Clearly a conflict of interest. Not to mention obstruction of justice by attempting to convince the parents not to file charges.

Now that she's off the case, the charges can be upgraded.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #8)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:03 PM

18. Except that the new prosecutor was actually represented in court by the

implicated DA and is apparently a friend of the family.

very interesting stuff at http://localleaks.blogs.ru/

Reply to this post

Response to mbperrin (Reply #18)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:33 PM

23. Wrong. State AG DeWine is in charge now. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #23)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:48 PM

36. Just reading what's in the link.

Jane Hanlin represented Edward “Eddie” Lulla in a civil legal matter this summer (spending a great deal of time with him). Mr. Lulla is an agent for the BCI who was sent by the State of Ohio to lend oversight to the rape investigation in Steubenville. Not surprisingly, the State of Ohio found everything to be going smoothly. In addition, “Eddie” Lulla’s son was recently chosen to join Steubenville Police Department out of a pool of three candidates. When ranked, his son was not the first candidate. It is crystal clear why Mr. Lulla was unable to find anything wrong with the current investigation (which is being conducted by SPD) into this horrible crime.

Reply to this post

Response to mbperrin (Reply #36)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:51 PM

38. It's out of date. Last post was last week. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #38)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 10:03 PM

40. Here's one for today that indicates DeWine is blowing it.

http://www.plunderbund.com/2013/01/05/attorney-general-dewine-incorrectly-suggests-witnesses-to-steubenville-rape-did-not-need-to-call-police/

Here is where DeWine messes up. He suggested that the witnesses like the teen in the video did nothing wrong. DeWine told reporters that “Ohio law makes it illegal to aid or abet a crime, but observers of a crime aren’t always legally obliged to intervene. ‘It’s horrible. It’s insensitive. It’s hard to understand, but it may not be a crime,’ he said.”

DeWine is wrong.

Ohio Law, Revised Code § 2921.22, provides that “no person, knowing that a felony has been or is being committed, shall knowingly fail to report such information to law enforcement authorities.” Violation of this law is a Fourth Degree Misdemeanor.

This law was adopted in 1974.

Oh, and here's the link to the video of DeWine saying this referenced in the above:

http://myfox28columbus.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wtte_investigators-examining-video-connected-steubenville-rape-case-21617.shtml

Reply to this post

Response to mbperrin (Reply #40)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 01:02 PM

50. This is actually good news

The FBI now have a stronger reason for stepping in and enforcing existing law.

Reply to this post

Response to mbperrin (Reply #40)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 11:30 PM

60. So what is the Felony that the other teens SAW? And how do you prove "Knowing".

This is Common Law Misprision, which requires people to report FELONIES, but not Misdemeanors or summary offenses. To be guilty of Misprision you must KNOW what is being done is a felony, it is a defense you did NOT know it was a felony.

Remember, in this case the victim was allegedly unconscious. It that was do to a "Rape Drug" that would be a felony, but what if the other teens did not KNOW that the drug was being used? What if they thought the victim was just being taken some place safe to sleep off the alcohol? Remember, in this type of crime, the other teens must KNOW that the victim is being taken someplace to be raped. The last time I checked when people haul people out of parties, it is to someplace to sleep off the alcohol NOT to be raped. If the other teems assumed that to be the case, no knowledge of the rape existed and no knowledge is the same as not Knowing.

Remember, all the facts of the case against the other teens (other then the rapists) as to KNOWING what was going to happen to the Victim, has to be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. Just seeing the victim being hauled away and making comments about her, does NOT show that they KNEW a rape was to occur. People can be cruel, but that is NOT illegal if it is all verbal (Remember of Freedom Speech, people have the right to say someone is a whore, slut, "should be raped" etc Such use of language is NOT a crime by itself).

The Prosecutor in a Criminal Case of Misprision of a Felony, MUST not only prove a Felony was going to take place, but that the Defendant KNEW that a rape was going to take place and did NOT report the rape. Notice the requirement that it can be shown someone KNEW the victim was going to be raped, merely using derogatory language and that the victim was in the proper condition to be raped, is NOT knowledge that a Rape was going to take place. Men (and women) make such comments all the time, but that does NOT lead to rape.

Now, if it can be shown that the victim was slandered or libeled on the tape (and that seems to be the case, I have NOT reviewed the tape) then the victim can sue for defamation.

Furthermore, people do NOT have a duty under the common law to help someone else. If you see someone drowning, you have no legal duty to save that person UNLESS you put that person in that position OR had some duty to that person (i.e. a babysitting watching a child, but only as long as the child is on her care). The law took this position, for it also adopted a strict liability rule to such assistance, if you harm that person in your attempts to save him or her, and is can be show that others could have saved that person without doing the harm, the person who did the harm (and saved someone life) is liable for the injury. You can NOT have that rule AND a rule that requires people to assist people in trouble. Whenever is has been proposed to change that rule, the police departments all lobby against it, for they see themselves being held liable in such cases, and thus do NOT want to be held to a duty to rescues people, they are willing to rescues people, but are unwilling to be legally required to do so.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #60)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 11:50 PM

62. Well, I guess I figured that when two of the boys on the tape

said, "You raped her. "It was rape." that they realized there was some little problem.

Watch the tape. She was carried from one house to another unconscious, in and out, to be raped by the boys at that location, and then taken to another. She was finally thrown unconscious on her parent's lawn and left for them to find her the next morning.

If any of those boys really are too stupid to know that rape is wrong, I will be glad to pay to have them put down, because they will never be anything but cost to the world. Best kill 'em off now before they actually reproduce and pass on their obtuse view of the world.

In addition, the party was held at the local DA's house, and her son is one of the rapists. You figure the mom might think something's up?

These people are absolute scum, the whole town is filled with officials who are scum, and I personally wish them ill in all their endeavors and heartbreak in everything they do. A lingering death from a painful disease would be a bonus.

Nice chatting.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #60)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 11:51 PM

63. Jesus Christ. At least learn something about the case.

Felonies committed:

1) Kidnapping. She was brought across state lines under false pretenses.
2) She was indeed given a date rape drug. It was given to her in WV before they crossed state lines into Ohio. She tested positive for the drug the next day after an examination.
3) Multiple rapes.

And not reporting a crime you are aware of is a crime in Ohio.

Apparently you're unaware one of the boys involved has given a statement to police which states everything above.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #63)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:33 AM

70. We are discussing the crime of the OTHER TEENS not the rapists

Rape is a Felony, Kidnapping is a Felony, but neither have been even alleged to be KNOWN to anyone but the Defendants. We are discussing the duty of the other teens to report the crime that they saw, and all that can be SHOWN the other teens KNEW were Alcohol being served to minors.

The other Criminal Acts the OTHER TEENS DID NOT KNOW OF, and as such by law they had NO DUTY TO REPORT THE CRIME THAT THEY SAW (I.e. serving alcohol to minors).

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #70)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:45 PM

75. You need to read news reports of the probable cause hearing last October.

Here's one:

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/local/judge-finds-probable-cause-steubenville-rape-inves/nScLX/

Several witnesses report they filmed multiple rapes of the victim at various houses. Instead of charging those students, the local authorities simply picked them up as witnesses for the prosecution of the two students who were charged. The local authorities claim that they were unable to retrieve data, including tweets, photos, and video, that had been deleted from cell phones and posted on the internet. This is either gross incompetence or obvious malfeasance, since it is quite easy to obtain "deleted" files from the internet server. All the police had to do is ask, but they didn't bother. Any divorce attorney knows how to get that kind of information.

Multiple witnesses swore under oath that they witnessed the rapes, they witnessed and participated in the consumption of alcohol by minors, that these assaults and other crimes took place at multiple houses, etc.

Also, upthread you state that the prosecuting attorney who is the mother of Keenan, one of the witnesses and a host of one of the parties who observed the rape taking place, is not involved. She was involved for several months, and she discouraged the victim and her family from pressing charges. The assault took place in August and the attorney didn't recuse herself until October.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #75)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 10:23 PM

80. WTOV says she recused herself in August/

But I have to say, you have a reliable source, someone who appears to have first hand knowledge of what went on in the hearing.

On August 27, it was reported by WTOV channel 9, that the local prosecutor was asking to be recused and replaced by someone from the Attorney General's Office.

Remember the actual incident only occured on August 14, 2012:
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/08/21/Alleged_Sex_Assault_Police_Report.pdf

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #75)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 10:49 PM

82. Be careful what you cite, the Defense Attorney summed up they case nicely

She (the alleged victim) voluntarily got herself intoxicated," said Walter Madison, attorney for one of the teen defendants. "She voluntarily got into this vehicle. She voluntarily gave up the pass code after the allegations of these sex crimes that she could not consent to. Not once did you hear her say or any state witness today say she didn't want to do it."

If true (Which is up to a judge to decide after hearing all of the evidence) then you have consensual sex (Through the lack of consent is NOT consent i.e. unless she agreed to have sex it is still rape).

The defense of being drunk is NOT available for it is claimed she "Voluntary got herself intoxicated". Being drunk is a defense IF YOU CAN SHOW IT WAS INVOLUNTARY, the defense is saying she voluntary go drunk and under the law if that is the case, anything she agreed to while drunk (and notice I am saying what she agreed to), would be treated as if she agreed to it if she had been sober.

Now if the above was the result of a rape drug, then you have someone intoxicated who did NOT volunteer to be intoxicated, and any sex with her would be rape (it would have been NON-consensual). None of the witnesses at the preliminary hearing indicated that the victim was anything more then drunk. The Defense seems to be what she did she consented to do, including getting drunk. Consent to have sex is a defense in a rape case.

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #82)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 12:27 AM

86. You're believing a DEFENSE ATTORNEY?

Apparently you're not aware of which side he's on.

Toxicology report shows she was drugged. Why do you continue to ignore that?

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 12:07 PM

88. Sounds like you are working for the defense!

The role of the defense attorney is to sow uncertainty and doubt. Also, I believe that you are completely wrong about the issue of being drunk, voluntary or not. Rape involves consent. A drunk person can't consent to intercourse. It doesn't matter if they became drunk voluntarily or not.

The judge already found probable cause that she was raped. That's why two people have been charged.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 04:03 PM

89. Um....the victim doesn't need a defense. You would be a juror I would pick, though,

for the defendants, because you have swallowed, hook, line, and sinker the preprosterous and un-American line that a rape victim needs a defense to her behavior:

Being drunk is a defense IF YOU CAN SHOW IT WAS INVOLUNTARY, the defense is saying she voluntary go drunk and under the law if that is the case, anything she agreed to while drunk (and notice I am saying what she agreed to), would be treated as if she agreed to it if she had been sober.

What you wrote is illogical--it is an acceptance that a rape victim must somehow defend their behavior....and a conflation of disparate legal terms.

Reply to this post

Response to msanthrope (Reply #89)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 10:40 PM

90. No, want I wrote just tends to be the law

The victim does NOT have to defend what she did, but the Defendants can claim it was NOT sex for SHE AGREED TO THE SEX. My comment that she can NOT say any agreement on her part to have sex was due to the Alcohol UNLESS she can show she was drunk against her will (i.e. a date rape drug). In the preliminary hearing in October the only substance mentioned was alcohol, and that she drank it voluntarily. It was also testified to that she entered the car on her own free will, thus the Kidnapping charge was dropped by the judge.

The only remaining issue of fact is did she agree to have sex or not. If she was intoxicated due to a date rape drug, then any sex was against her will and thus rape. On the other hand if she voluntarily was drunk and while drunk agreed to have sex, that is NOT rape.

Aside: If she was drunk, and did NOT agree to have sex and the Defendants had sex with her anyway, that is still rape. The issue is one of what was her actions. If she agreed, while drunk, it is not rape unless she was involuntary intoxicated. That appears to be the only question left in this case, and a factual finding up to a judge to determine given this is still in Juvenile Court.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #63)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 10:55 PM

83. That is NOT what the Witnesses testified at the preliminary hearing

Preliminary hearing on October 14, 2012:

• When the group left that home, he claimed the alleged victim went willingly to a second house in Steubenville, but that she did appear to be drunk.

During cross-examination, Witness #5 testified that he never heard the alleged victim say "No."

She (the alleged victim) voluntarily got herself intoxicated," said Walter Madison, attorney for one of the teen defendants. "She voluntarily got into this vehicle. She voluntarily gave up the pass code after the allegations of these sex crimes that she could not consent to. Not once did you hear her say or any state witness today say she didn't want to do it."

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/local/judge-finds-probable-cause-steubenville-rape-inves/nScLX/

Reply to this post

Response to happyslug (Reply #83)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 12:28 AM

87. You're believing the word of the boys, their attorney and the local media

All have a reason to blame the victim.

Not at all credible.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:53 PM

3. Does the web site address the issue of missing evidence while in the sheriff's possession?

Pictures from the phones he collected from the students are now missing.

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #3)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:54 PM

28. Exactly

There's a hole in their timeline between the time the Sheriff obtained the warrant and "what" evidence they handed over afterwards.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:55 PM

6. It's a good sign though. They're aware of the outrage.

However they are saying they can't do much about the boys on the video, since being stupid and foul online is not a crime. I am no lawyer but I would think the video might be used as evidence of complicity and knowledge of the crimes of rape and assault of a child. I hope those guys are held accountable by their team and school. But they are young. They need to undergo some real education about what is basic right and wrong with regard to females, sex, and partying.

Reply to this post

Response to tblue (Reply #6)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:02 PM

17. Well yes.

Last edited Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:41 PM - Edit history (1)

They need to be taken off they're damn football team and put into detention for a while to be educated about it. That football program needs to be shut down at least for the duration of one class (4 years). They need to suffer some real consequences of their actions since the adults in that town won't hold them accountable.

BTW, they're bullshitting when they say they can't do anything about it. Maybe they can't gain a conviction on this video alone, but they can investigate and question him about what's on there. These guys need to have justice put the squeeze on them.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:02 PM

7. Life imitates art..

The Commish Hero Old TV show (Season 3 Episode 7)

Can be fond on Hulu.
http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/175784#i0,p48,d0

Sad but I guess it's been that way for a long time.

Reply to this post

Response to Vanje (Reply #9)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:44 PM

24. If these files are correct, the sheriff is *really* dirty

"LocalLeaks has confirmed that Sheriff Abdalla and Head Football Coach Reno A. Saccoccia have breakfast a couple of times a week together at the Spot Bar in Steubenville. Recall that per Sheriff Abdalla’s own admission in the video interview above, it was he who was tasked with retrieving the cell phones and other electronic gear from the football players and other students involved in the gang rape of the young girl. In the process of this operation to retrieve the cell phones, several KEY pieces of video and photographic evidence were “inadvertently” deleted by the Sheriff and his deputies. And finally, Sheriff Abdalla runs the largest illegal gambling operation in Jefferson County – employing bookies who work out of the Spot Bar as well as other establishments in Steubenville. Sheriff Abdulla’s brother is the largest importer of cocaine in Jefferson County. His brother was also a teacher, that is until he was caught having sex with a student and was fired."

Reply to this post

Response to starroute (Reply #24)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:52 PM

39. There's more dirt on the county sheriff

A journalist named Goddard lived in the town and has reported on the sheriff's connection to the drug and gambling trade in the town.

Reply to this post

Response to starroute (Reply #24)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 01:43 AM

48. And if they're not, I hope LocalLinks has good libel attorneys.

Because they're making some pretty serious, but unsubstantiated charges against people.

"Sheriff Abdalla runs the largest illegal gambling operation in Jefferson County."

"Sheriff Abdulla's brother is the largest importer of cocaine in Jefferson County."

"...bookies who work out of the Spot Bar..."

And that's just in one paragraph. The sheriff may not be able to sue because he's a public figure, but his brother and the owner of the Spot Bar could.

Of course, printing the truth is a good defense against libel. I hope these guys can back up their claims. And there are lots more of them in that file.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:32 PM

10. Kick to facilitate discussion from a locked LBN duplicate thread.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:37 PM

11. #KnightSec: The FBI is now involved. #sofarsogood

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #11)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:37 PM

12. good. thank you. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Tempest (Reply #11)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 10:41 PM

56. Well, from what I've read, regional FBI is dirty as well.

Reply to this post

Response to kath (Reply #56)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 11:30 PM

59. Since it involves the rape of a minor and crossed state lines (kidnapping)

And the amount of public outcry, the D.C. headquarters will be watching this case closely and will make sure not to blow it.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:59 PM

15. "Some residents have accused outsiders ..."

"... of trying to ruin the reputation of the town's high school football team. "

No ass-holes, they did that all by themselves!

Reply to this post

Response to etherealtruth (Reply #15)

19. +1 gajillionskadillionbillionzillion. n/t

Reply to this post

20. They really don't get it . . . n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:04 PM

21. Yes, like everyone now interested even knew the team existed.

That's a bloated opinion of their significance. Let's blame everyone but those responsible.

Reply to this post

Response to caseymoz (Reply #21)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 12:23 AM

45. Seriously. Talk about small-town myopia.

Why do the people who run these types of towns think they're the center of the earth, the "Real America," the heartland, yadda yadda.

Do they really think anybody in LA, Chicago, or New York gave a s**t about their high school football team before this? That we're all sitting around stewing in jealousy, plotting ways to bring down the mighty Steubenville Whatevers?

Reply to this post

Response to lolly (Reply #45)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 12:44 AM

46. Just to say, the conspiracy against the Big Red

really doesn't fly.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:50 PM

26. The fact that that's the main thing people there are worried about is telling, isn't it?

It'll be like when everyone closed ranks around Penn State only probably with even less class, given the whole small-town-old-boys-network attitude that will be around for this one. Ugh.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 10:27 PM

81. +1000

Exactly. I grew up in that town and was proud that we always had a great football team if nothing else. But I sure as hell won't defend rapists!!

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:51 PM

27. This case is just so disgusting on so many levels.

Rape culture, athlete-worship, conflicts of interest...

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 08:57 PM

29. Now why did that girl . . .

Have to go and get herself raped and ruin everybody's good time?

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:08 PM

30. Steubenville has a history of crime and corruption that goes way back

I saw a passing reference to it somewhere, so I checked my files and found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Cellini

Dino Cellini, (born November 19, 1914) ran casinos for New York mobster Meyer Lansky in Havana, Cuba during the late 1950s and early 1960s. Cellini later ran casinos in the Bahamas and the United Kingdom.

Dino Vicente Cellini, is the son of an Italian barber who immigrated to the U.S. Cellini had two brothers, Edward and Goffredo, and a sister Julia. Cellini grew up in the steel mill town of Steubenville, Ohio during the Depression years. As a youngster, Cellini worked at Rex's Cigar Store as a dice/craps casino dealer and croupier with singer Dean Martin, then known as Dean (Dino) Crocetti.

During this era, many cigar stores in Steubenville were fronts for mob rackets; bookmaking, numbers, pool, illegal drinking, and illegal gambling rackets. Steel mill workers from Steubenville and nearby Youngstown, Ohio would frequent these stores after their shifts, spending their meager paychecks for this entertainment. Craps and Barboot, a Greek dice game, were the games of choice at these places. The gambling halls would hire "mechanics", specialists in manipulating the dice and cheating, to police their craps games. The mechanic would ward off undesirable customers, break winning streaks of lucky customers, and hustle those with lots of money to lose. Cellini was known for his talent with dice and eventually became the youngest "bust out" man in Steubenville.

As a later associate of Santo Trafficante, Sr. and Meyer Lansky, Cellini ran the mob-backed Riviera Casino and Tropicana Club in Havana, Cuba. In 1959, the Cuban Revolution overthrew the Batista regime. The new Cuban president, Fidel Castro, closed all the casinos and forced the American mobsters, including Cellini, to leave the country. . . . Early in the 60's, Cellini was reportedly involved in the Cuban Project, also called Operation Mongoose, an abortive joint operation by the Central Intelligence Agency and organized crime to assassinate Cuban president Fidel Castro.

Reply to this post

Response to starroute (Reply #30)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:23 PM

33. And for whatever it's worth ...

I initially became interested in Dino Cellini because his brother Eddie was partners with Rosario Spadaro.

Spadaro, known as a drug-money launderer, owned a hotel on the Caribbean island of Sint Maarten in the 1990s.

Spadaro was also in cahoots with Adam Kidan, as I learned here at DU back in 2005.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x5111113

And Kidan, of course, was Jack Abramoff's partner in the cruise ship business -- the one that had a particularly messy gangland-style murder associated with it, not to mention weird ties with the 911 hijackers.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 11:38 PM

43. My family is from there.

and yes, this is what I've always heard from people who claimed to know firsthand. My mom said they called it "Little Chicago." Steubenville was mentioned on the Sopranos a few times.

Reply to this post

Response to OnionPatch (Reply #43)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 01:14 PM

51. it is a crime syndicate terrorizing a small town and children

It happens when a town is so corrupt with its law enforcement and lawyers and judges

bring the FEDS IN

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 02:57 PM

53. Steubenville is right on the border of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.

I wonder if the geography has played a role. Is it the Ohio River? Was it used to transport bootleg whiskey during Prohibition? I'm just wondering how the Mob got so involved in the town.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 03:23 PM

55. The crime and corruption is more recent than that

Read the reporting of journalist Alexandria Goddard. She was a local journalist who reported on the county sheriff's connection to the drug and gambling trade and how powerful business people in the town have been protecting the high school's sports teams for years. Even supplying them with drugs, alcohol and places to engage in those activities.

She has been getting death threats from her reporting and was forced to leave town with her family for protection.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:18 PM

31. This whole case sickens me on so many levels

I am the mother of a son. As a mother, I can't imagine raising my child to have such complete contempt of women.

I am appalled by a teen party culture where dragging an unconscious classmate around is not only okay, but it is something cool to put on your i-phone. Photographing rape is a party activity.

I have lived in Ohio for 30 years, so know all about the worship of high school football players. Yep, they get away with speeding and drinking and many other things 'cuz "boys will be boys." It's stupid and unhealthy for these young men who then struggle beyond high school when they are no longer special. However, a town protecting a gang rape of a 15 year old because the perps were football players?? I have no words.

And for the "mother" of the boy involved who abused her position as prosecutor to protect her precious little rapist, wow. I hope she is disbarred at the very minimum. The sheriff who ---oops---misplaced the evidence? He needs to face charges as well.

And Steubenville? So sorry you think we are being mean to you. However, when you support a culture of rape and cover-up you deserve the reputation from hell you now have. You earned it.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:19 PM

32. I lived in a football town

The football team and their parents ran everything. The principal of the school was in cahoots. If you complained you got punished for what they were doing. The football team was also the go-to people for drugs and underage alcohol.

Despite everything they did (rapes were rumoured) they never got in trouble. One of them is now vice-president of an electronics firm and collects sports cars.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 10:29 PM

42. I grew up in the area,

across the Ohio River in Wheeling WV. This was 1964-1980-mids. I am so so so glad I was never in such situation, but I 'm not saying I find it surprising in the region there. I and my kith/kin were just lucky.

The revelations on the localleaks page are frightening, but hardly surprising to me....

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 12:02 AM

44. are local RW radio blowhards defending the rapists? - this is a more specific situation but

in general the notion that she asked for it is typical RW radio

Reply to this post

Response to certainot (Reply #44)

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 12:46 AM

47. local radio. David Bloomquist, known as "Bloomdaddy."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=2127300

hugely popular morning radio host

"These girls at these parties, sometimes they drink a little bit too much, sometimes they get a little promiscuous, all of the sudden they're being called, you know, a whore, what have you, and it's really easy to say that you were taken advantage of rather than own up to the fact that 'Hey look, I did what I did.'"

Bloomquist then went on to say that he thinks the report by the 14-year-old was "she said - he said" and was likely consensual.

"I guess the best way to sum up what I'm saying is this: It's easier to tell your parents you were raped then, 'Hey mom or dad, I got drunk and decided to let three guys have their way with me.' "

Bloomquist told The Plain Dealer this week that his roll as a host is to talk about both sides of the issue and provoke conversation.

"I'm not pointing a finger at the girls," he explained. "I am trying to tell the story from all angles."

"Who's to put the blame on the boys until they are found guilty?" he said. "Rape is a heavy word. ... Rape to me is forced. Rape to me is taking advantage of someone when they have no idea what's going on."

Reply to this post

Response to seabeyond (Reply #47)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:44 AM

71. thanks- what a fucking asshole that guy is, but he is one of many making excuses like that.

Reply to this post

Response to certainot (Reply #71)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:45 AM

72. i mean on talk radio, which sets the tone for many areas of the country.

Reply to this post

Response to seabeyond (Reply #47)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 11:56 AM

73. WWVA1170 is a limbaugh hannity beck savage station AND piggybacks West Virginia Mountaineers and the

Steelers.

https://sites.google.com/site/universitiesforrushlimbaugh/

Of 120 top ranked football programs, 71, or approximately 59% broadcast on Limbaugh stations (see below). Some broadcast on more than one Limbaugh station and accounted for 170 of Limbaugh's approximately 600 stations, or 28%. 15 of last year's final 16 NCAA tournament basketball teams (except BYU) broadcast on Limbaugh stations.

Reply to this post

Response to certainot (Reply #73)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:16 PM

74. you mean the team with a rapist quaterback heralded as a god?

thanks for the info

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 07:53 AM

49. so I guess these residents don't mind their high school being a rapist's haven

the football players destroyed their reputation all by themselves.

it's too bad stupidity isn'ta crime.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 6, 2013, 11:32 PM

61. Too bad they don't care as much about the girl as they do their image. eom

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread