HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » WSJ says Hostess in talks...

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 05:57 PM

WSJ says Hostess in talks to sell bread brands

Source: AP

BY ASSOCIATED PRESS

A newspaper is reporting that Flowers Foods and Bimbo are emerging as bidders for the bread brands of Hostess, which in the midst of a bankruptcy-court liquidation of its assets.

The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday that Hostess Brands Inc. could reveal as early as next week that Flowers and Bimbo are in discussions to acquire the bread brands, which include Wonder Bread and Natureís Pride. The report says the brands could command $350 million.

Hostess, based in Irving, Texas, announced in November that it was shutting down its business and selling its brands, which also include Twinkies, along with its 33 bakeries and other operations.

Grupo Bimbo SABís brands include Arnold breads, Thomasí English muffins, and Entenmannís cakes. Flowers Foods Inc.ís brands include Natureís Own breads and Tastykake snacks.

-30-

Read more: http://www.salon.com/2013/01/05/wsj_says_hostess_in_talks_to_sell_bread_brands/

5 replies, 1516 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:07 PM

1. I think the real money is

in the snack cake brands. If they get that much for the bread line I would be surprised. It would be nice if they did and put the proceeds into compensating their workers for screwing them over so badly, but I know that will never happen.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:13 PM

2. We just opened our last package of 100% whole wheat 'Wonder Bread' hot dog buns. Even

splurged for the 5.99lb good dogs for the occasion.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:59 PM

3. I think the Whole Hostess Line will be irrevokably Tainted and Worthless

thanks to the way the many different vulture capitalists destroyed the company, the workers, etc. Any fool who buys the "brand" will lose their investment.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 07:24 PM

4. The demise of Hostess has sure helped our local bakery

snack cake sales.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 09:44 PM

5. Am I the only one that would find it funnier if the new competition for Little Debbie was "Bimbo"?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread