HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Monster Worldwide cautiou...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 26, 2012, 10:04 AM

Monster Worldwide cautious on 2012; to cut jobs

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/26/monsterworldwide-idUSL4E8CQ5EG20120126

Online recruitment firm Monster Worldwide Inc said it will reduce its global workforce by about 7 percent and forecast a first-quarter profit below analysts' estimates amid a weak job market in the United States.

The staffing sector -- seen as a barometer of economic health -- has been hit by a slowdown in Europe and an uncertain recovery in the United States, where the unemployment rate currently stands at 8.5 percent.

Iannuzzi does not expect a material change to the job market for the time being.

The company will cut about 400 jobs and consolidate some office facilities, and expects to record a pre-tax charge of $30 million to $40 million mostly in the first quarter.

Oh, irony, where is thy sting?

6 replies, 1958 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Monster Worldwide cautious on 2012; to cut jobs (Original post)
HughBeaumont Jan 2012 OP
onehandle Jan 2012 #1
Johnny Noshoes Jan 2012 #2
octothorpe Jan 2012 #6
Ruby the Liberal Jan 2012 #3
OhioChick Jan 2012 #4
HughBeaumont Jan 2012 #5

Response to HughBeaumont (Original post)

Thu Jan 26, 2012, 10:09 AM

1. Monster is a horrible spamfest. You might as well send your personal info to Google itself. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to onehandle (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 26, 2012, 12:32 PM

2. When I lost my job 5 months ago...

I checked out Monster - among other sites of course - I found that Monster was a real waste of time. It seems like they're always looking to upsell you some service and college courses. Still looking for work 5 months later I just keep moving on looking for that place called work.

Reply to this post

Response to Johnny Noshoes (Reply #2)

Fri Jan 27, 2012, 11:08 AM

6. Monster has became complete crap...

It's the annoying ads, fake-ish job postings and shitty hard to read interface. I remember it used to be much more user friendly a few years ago. I think careerbuilder is far better than monster these days. Although, craigslists has always been better than any of those job specific boards.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 26, 2012, 01:07 PM

3. I am not surprised at all.

10 years ago, that was a go-to site. Now, it is nothing but a machine for harvesting your information in order to plump up Recruiter databases so that they can show a pipeline when they pitch their services.

They let it get out of control for the almighty dollar and are now reaping the rewards for their short term vision.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 26, 2012, 02:26 PM

4. Your Pillsbury Doughboy is looking fatter

K&R on the thread.

Reply to this post

Response to OhioChick (Reply #4)

Fri Jan 27, 2012, 10:28 AM

5. It's a different one than last time.

They resized it to scrunch poor Poppin Fresh.

Hell, I'm just glad to have the doughboy back.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread