HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Pakistani girl shot by Ta...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 08:36 AM

Pakistani girl shot by Taliban released by Birmingham hospital to live with her family in UK

Source: Washington Post

LONDON — A 15-year-old Pakistani girl shot in the head by the Taliban for promoting girls’ education has been released from a Birmingham hospital to live with her family, doctors said Friday.

Photographs released by the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham showed Malala Yousufzai hugging nurses, waving and smiling shyly.

Malala will live with her parents and two brothers in the UK while she continues to receive treatment, but will be admitted again in the next month for another round of surgery to rebuild her skull.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/pakistani-girl-shot-by-taliban-released-by-birmingham-hospital-to-live-with-her-family-in-uk/2013/01/04/e039a170-5662-11e2-89de-76c1c54b1418_story.html

She looks great. What a brave girl!

3 replies, 1300 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pakistani girl shot by Taliban released by Birmingham hospital to live with her family in UK (Original post)
MissMillie Jan 2013 OP
leftynyc Jan 2013 #1
JustABozoOnThisBus Jan 2013 #2
Enrique Jan 2013 #3

Response to MissMillie (Original post)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 10:30 AM

1. She should have been Person of the Year

Her courage in the face of the taliban was quite inspiring and my fervent hope is she gets that education she so craves.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 02:32 PM

2. Is her family secure in the U.K.?

I'd guess the Taliban has a price on her head, and the family would be bonus collateral damage.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 02:57 PM

3. Malala is not impressed

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread