HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Charge sheet filed agains...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 02:55 PM

Charge sheet filed against 5 accused in gang rape case

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by azurnoir (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: The Hindu

Eighteen days after the 23-year-old physiotherapy student was gang-raped in a moving bus, the Delhi Police on Thursday filed the charge-sheet against five persons arrested in the case before a Duty Magistrate in Saket district courts here.

Besides murder, rape and kidnapping, the police also slapped charges of unnatural sex, dacoity, criminal conspiracy and destruction of evidence among other offences under the Indian Penal Code against the accused.

While the sixth person allegedly involved in the case is presently being treated as a minor, his age is to be ascertained through a bone ossification test.

While submitting the charge-sheet before Duty Magistrate Surya Malik Grover, the police moved two applications seeking in-camera proceedings and keeping the sensitive documents in a sealed cover pleading that it was necessary for protecting the identity of the victim.

Read more: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/charge-sheet-filed-against-5-accused-in-gang-rape-case/article4269315.ece

While I'm sure many decent people live there, this is still an indictment of a place like Delhi which is one of the most crowded places on Earth, yet something like this can happen without anyone intervening until after the fact.

On edit, I'm reading other graphic accounts of the attacks that I can not finish.

1 replies, 474 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Charge sheet filed against 5 accused in gang rape case (Original post)
closeupready Jan 2013 OP
azurnoir Jan 2013 #1

Response to closeupready (Original post)

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 03:14 PM

1. very sorry but this is a duplicate locking

please continue discussion here

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014355242

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink