HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » HP says gov't investigati...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:00 PM

HP says gov't investigating troubled Autonomy unit

Source: AP-Excite

By MICHELLE CHAPMAN

NEW YORK (AP) - Autonomy, the British business software company now owned by Hewlett-Packard Co. (HPQ), is facing a Justice Department investigation over improper accounting under previous management, according to HP.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission late Thursday, HP said Justice officials had informed the company on Nov. 21 that they were opening an investigation into the allegations, which HP said in November that it had uncovered after a senior Autonomy executive came forward.

HP also reiterated that it provided information to the SEC and the U.K. Serious Fraud Office related to "accounting improprieties, disclosure failures and misrepresentations at Autonomy." HP said it was cooperating with all three government agencies.

Justice officials had no comment.

FULL story at link.

Read more: http://apnews.excite.com/article/20121228/DA3ET2HG1.html

2 replies, 1146 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply HP says gov't investigating troubled Autonomy unit (Original post)
Omaha Steve Dec 2012 OP
wilt the stilt Dec 2012 #1
magical thyme Dec 2012 #2

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 10:15 AM

1. ROFLMAO

I can't stop laughing at this. I know Autonomy better than most. Always a sleaze company with crappy software.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 04:52 PM

2. it would be nice if HP would investigatee

the identity theft ring that came with its acquisition of Digital/Compaq as well. It's not like they weren't provided with ample evidence linking a former colleague of mine and his wife, the VP that manages our pensions. Just sayin'

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread