HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Hawaii Senator Appointmen...

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 04:41 PM

Hawaii Senator Appointment:Dems choose Hanabusa, Kiaaina, Schatz as finalists for Inouye Senate seat

Source: Hawaii News Now

The Hawaii Democratic Party's state central committee Wednesday selected three finalists U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa, Deputy state Land and Natural Resources Director Esther Kiaaina and Lt. Gov. Brian Schatz -- to fill the vacancy in the U.S. Senate left by the death last week of U.S. Sen. Dan Inouye.

Read more: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/20427178/inouye-replacement-selection-meeting-under-way

I prefer a younger choice personally so seniority can be built up. Either Esther Kia'aina or Brian Schatz. Either would do fine but getting down to cases I prefer Esther. She is very smart and has a nice vibe. Then again, I am not a Hanabusa fan, as an outer islander, I feel she is to O'ahu centric.
The best thing is it looks like it will be done by Friday, in fact maybe today. I'm also not a fan of Hawaii News Now, but frankly its all we have anymore. There aren't many good journalists these days.

4 replies, 1379 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hawaii Senator Appointment:Dems choose Hanabusa, Kiaaina, Schatz as finalists for Inouye Senate seat (Original post)
jonthebru Dec 2012 OP
Tx4obama Dec 2012 #1
Tx4obama Dec 2012 #2
Tx4obama Dec 2012 #3
Tx4obama Dec 2012 #4

Response to jonthebru (Original post)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 05:35 PM

1. New Hawaiian Senator To Be Named On Wednesday (today)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 06:28 PM

2. UPDATE: spokeswoman for Gov. Neil Abercrombie, confirmed the selections to The Associated Press

UPDATE

HONOLULU (AP) -- Hawaii Democrats on Wednesday picked U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa, Lt. Gov. Brian Schatz and Department of Land and Natural Resources Deputy Director Esther Kiaaina as final nominees for the state's open U.S. Senate seat.

Louise Kim McCoy, a spokeswoman for Gov. Neil Abercrombie, confirmed the selections to The Associated Press. The AP learned of the names earlier through a member of the committee who voted on the names, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the list.

-snip-

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_US_SENATE_HAWAII?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-12-26-17-28-31

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 06:36 PM

3. UPDATE: Abercrombie to announce Senate appointee at 2:00 pm HST (7pm EST)

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 07:08 PM

4. Hawaii U.S. Senate seat: Gov Ambercrombie has appointed Lt. Gov. Brian Schatz n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread