HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » National Rifle Associatio...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 12:32 PM

National Rifle Association's Business Partners Face Pressure To End Affiliation

Source: Huffington Post

WASHINGTON -- As pressure builds on the National Rifle Association to give up some of its hardline positions in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, an advocacy organization is targeting companies that are affiliated with the gun lobbying group.

The NRA's website has a page that lists endorsed companies and services where members can receive discounts. Affiliated businesses include rental car companies, real estate services and hotel chains.

Nearly all of the affiliated hotels are part of the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts group. NRA members can receive 10 percent off at more than 6,500 participating hotels in the Wyndham family.

Avaaz.org is calling on Wyndham to end its affiliation with the NRA. The online activism group has 17 million members worldwide and close to a million in the United States.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/nra-business_n_2337901.html

2 replies, 1907 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply National Rifle Association's Business Partners Face Pressure To End Affiliation (Original post)
onehandle Dec 2012 OP
TheOther95Percent Dec 2012 #1
sanatanadharma Dec 2012 #2

Response to onehandle (Original post)

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:55 PM

1. I never stay at Wyndham's

I will have to wander over to the NRA and see if there are other companies and services I use.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to onehandle (Original post)

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 04:28 PM

2. I made about a dozen calls to different hotels...

...in the Wyndham chain, asking if they offered NRA discounts. Upon being told yes and asked if I wanted to make a reservation, I said "Thank you, no and never until the hotel separates from the NRA. Further I will encourage everyone with whom I speak to do the same."

http://www.nra.org/affiliates.aspx

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread