HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » U.S. stocks retreat as cl...

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 07:33 PM

U.S. stocks retreat as cliff tensions rise House Speaker John Boehner: House will pass plan B Thurs.

Source: Market Watch Wall Street Journal

“The proposal from the Ohio Republican would give millionaires a tax break of $50,000, while eliminating tax cuts that 25 million students and families struggling to make ends meet depend on,” Pfeiffer said in a statement.

Equities furthered their fall after Boehner said the House would vote Thursday on his plan B, which would hike tax rates on income over $1 million, instead of the $400,000 threshold proposed in Obama’s latest offer.

“Everything is vulnerable in the face of the fiscal cliff. With all aspects of the economy, any momentum we see today would be gone tomorrow if we go over the cliff,” said Elizabeth Ptacek, senior credit real-estate analyst at KeyBank.

Ahead of the market open, the government reported construction on new homes fell 3% while building permits climbed 3.6% in November."

Read more: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/stocks-lose-gains-on-white-house-cliff-talks-2012-12-19

I wonder what makes Boehner think he can do this on Thurday?

3 replies, 1410 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply U.S. stocks retreat as cliff tensions rise House Speaker John Boehner: House will pass plan B Thurs. (Original post)
midnight Dec 2012 OP
AAO Dec 2012 #1
Dyedinthewoolliberal Dec 2012 #2
midnight Dec 2012 #3

Response to midnight (Original post)

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 09:54 PM

1. Am I the first to point out that Boner is a dick?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to midnight (Original post)

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 10:09 PM

2. Boehner

can do whatever he wants. The Prez has stated what he will accept. I have a feeling this will be vetoed or not pass the Senate.

Reply to this post

Response to Dyedinthewoolliberal (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 07:44 AM

3. It's Thursday.... Let's see what Boehner does?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread