HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Victoria Jackson's Connec...

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:04 PM

Victoria Jackson's Connecticut School Shooting Post: Former 'SNL' Star's Tone Deaf Comment

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Tx4obama (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: huffington post

Victoria Jackson sank to a new low with a post on her Facebook page just hours after the tragedy began unfolding at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

The former "SNL" star is no stranger to stoking controversy. She repeatedly made headlines throughout the presidential election, most notably for her response to Todd Akin's legitimate rape controversy.

But this post, quoting her friend and fellow Tea Partier Jim Riley, is her most shockingly tone deaf yet, echoing a sentiment that seems more like something you'd hear from Fred Phelps:

My friend Jim Riley posted: "Wasn't the Connecticut killer just doing what abortionists do every day? It's a wonder we don't have more 20 year old "dads" doing what women and doctors have been an accomplice to for years in America. When you forget the TEN COMMANDMENTS, people, THIS is what you get."

victoriajacksonsandyhook

The post quickly began filling up with angry comments, with one person suggesting that Jackson should have to "go before all of the families that lost loved ones and explain to them why 'this is what they get'".

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/victoria-jackson-connecticut-school-shooting_n_2303518.html

8 replies, 2378 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Victoria Jackson's Connecticut School Shooting Post: Former 'SNL' Star's Tone Deaf Comment (Original post)
kellytore Dec 2012 OP
Smilo Dec 2012 #1
David__77 Dec 2012 #7
richmwill Dec 2012 #2
Akoto Dec 2012 #3
darkangel218 Dec 2012 #4
Deep13 Dec 2012 #6
Deep13 Dec 2012 #5
Tx4obama Dec 2012 #8

Response to kellytore (Original post)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:07 PM

1. But what is the flip side of those Ten Commandmants

such a vengeful, hateful God. Obey or be smited.

Victoria Jackson is just another publicity seeking faux Christian who wants to push her religion on to others.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Smilo (Reply #1)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:25 PM

7. I agree, but wouldn't call her a false Christian.

I'm not a Christian, but I know there are many varieties of nominal Christians and it's historically been dangerous to call some true and others false.

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:08 PM

2. Well, now I know why she was so good at playing a ditz on SNL...

Because she is one in real life.

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:10 PM

3. I normally avoid both gun and religion topics, but this pisses me off.

I hope I don't offend anyone too badly by saying what I'm about to say, but it's possible. I'd like to ask Ms. Jackson something:

I'm not religious, but let's pretend it's all true for a moment.

Your god is all powerful. He created the universe and everything in it. He can do anything.

Is that same god so petty, so self-absorbed, that he needs to kill innocent children because we didn't follow ten rules?

Who would offer their worship to such a cruel, sadistic, tyrannical entity?

What's more, who would take advantage of a school shooting in which two dozen kids died to promote their 'benevolent' religion?

It's all a bunch of bullshit.

Response to Akoto (Reply #3)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:12 PM

4. +1

Response to Akoto (Reply #3)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:13 PM

6. +1

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:13 PM

5. I'm glad we do not use the term "retard" anymore...

...to describe people like V.J. People with serious learning disabilities are usually not this mean-spirited and I would not want to give anyone the impression that they are by comparing them to this asshole.

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:31 PM

8. Locking. The OP article is over 24 hours old.

LBN Statement of Purpose:
Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.