HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Israeli foreign minister ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 02:28 PM

Israeli foreign minister resists calls to resign

Source: AP (via Huffington Post)

JERUSALEM Israel's powerful foreign minister resisted calls to resign Thursday after he was charged with breach of trust in a fraud and money-laundering case threatening to upend the Israeli political system just a month before parliamentary elections.

Avigdor Lieberman, who escaped more serious charges, said Thursday night that the law does not require him to resign. "According to my legal counsel, I do not have to resign, but at the end of the day I will make a final decision together with my lawyers," he said at a news conference.

Lieberman, a close ally of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave no timeframe for his decision and hinted it could come after parliamentary elections on Jan. 22. He also denied all accusations and alleged they were politically motivated.

The decision by Israel's attorney general earlier Thursday capped an investigation that stretched back more than a decade and several politicians called on Lieberman to quit.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20121213/ml-israel-politics/

1 replies, 835 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Israeli foreign minister resists calls to resign (Original post)
oberliner Dec 2012 OP
Purveyor Dec 2012 #1

Response to oberliner (Original post)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 06:38 PM

1. Ha. This POS will have to be dragged, 'kicking and screaming' out of gov't before they get rid of

him.

Maybe a 4-fer with nutty-yahoo in tow.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread