HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Authorities confirm bodie...

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 04:18 PM

Authorities confirm bodies found are Lyric & Elizabeth

Source: KWWL

EVANSDALE (KWWL) -Authorities have now confirmed the two bodies found in the Seven Bridges Wildlife Area last Wednesday are Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, who have been missing since July 13.

Chief Kent Smock of the Evansdale Police Department said the families of the girls have been notified.

A full report will be forwarded to law enforcement after autopsy testing is completed.

Read more: http://www.kwwl.com/story/20307216/2012/12/10/authorities-confirm-bodies-found-are-lyric-elizabeth

2 replies, 1812 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Authorities confirm bodies found are Lyric & Elizabeth (Original post)
47of74 Dec 2012 OP
mike_c Dec 2012 #1
melody Dec 2012 #2

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 05:36 PM

1. is there any more information about this than is contained in the link?

I'm asking because the comments after the story are filled with cries for justice and retribution, but the article suggests that at least presently the case is not being treated as a homicide, and it gives no information about the cause of death. Obviously I haven't heard anything about these girls previously. It must be awful for their families.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mike_c (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 06:24 PM

2. They were missing

The girls had been missing from their Iowa home, after failing to return from a bike ride. It was very uncharacteristic of them to not return. Also, there was some question of drug activity in and around their homes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread