HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » In a shocker, Israel's Ba...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:26 PM

In a shocker, Israel's Barak quits politics

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by azurnoir (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: AP/9news

JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Monday abruptly announced he was quitting politics, injecting new turmoil into the Israeli political system weeks ahead of general elections.

Barak, Israel's most-decorated soldier and one-time prime minister, said he would stay on in his current post until a new government is formed following the Jan. 22 balloting.

His resignation could mean the departure of the most moderating influence on hawkish Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who holds a wide lead in polls and is expected to easily win re-election. Barak, who heads a small centrist faction in parliament, often served as Netanyahu's unofficial envoy to Washington to smooth over differences with the Obama White House.

Read more: http://www.9news.com/news/world/301499/347/In-shocker-Israels-Barak-quits-politics

Does not bode very well for Nuttyahoo... I am backing the Labor Party to win - it's time to end the hawkish behavior of Nuttyahoo since Sharon has been rendered disabled.

EDIT: I hate doctor's appointments - my eyes are STILL dilated.

1 replies, 416 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply In a shocker, Israel's Barak quits politics (Original post)
Panasonic Nov 2012 OP
azurnoir Nov 2012 #1

Response to Panasonic (Original post)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:39 PM

1. locking duplicate thread

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink