HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Hector “Macho” Camacho in...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:50 PM

Hector “Macho” Camacho in “fight of his life” after shooting

Source: Washington Post

Posted by Cindy Boren on November 21, 2012 at 11:26 am

Hector “Macho” Camacho is on life support after being shot in the face and neck Tuesday near San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Camacho, 50, went into cardiac arrest Wednesday morning and his condition worsened.

“He’s battling minute to minute,” Dr. Ernesto Torres, director of the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan, said (via the Associated Press). “This is the most important fight of his life.”

Ismael Leandry, his former manager, told the AP that doctors were waiting for his mother to arrive from the U.S. and decide whether to take the former champion off life support.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2012/11/21/hector-macho-camacho-in-fight-of-his-life-after-shooting/

There are earlier articles at DU about the shooting, but his condition was not that bad. Things changed dramatically for the worse this morning.

2 replies, 1993 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hector “Macho” Camacho in “fight of his life” after shooting (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Nov 2012 OP
Panasonic Nov 2012 #1
LoisB Nov 2012 #2

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:51 PM

1. Saw it on my sports blurb this morning

I liked him when he was at his best.

Hopefully he'll pull through.

But vaya con Dios, if he doesn't.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 04:36 PM

2. He was my third favorite boxer (after Ali and Tommy Hearns). I liked his "style".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread