HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Agreement in ballot dispu...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 07:25 PM

Agreement in ballot dispute in Barber-McSally race

Source: AzCentral.com

Associated Press Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:14 PM

BISBEE There's an agreement that at least for now resolves a dispute over 130 provisional ballots that figure in Arizona's last undecided congressional race.

Attorneys for Cochise County, Democratic incumbent Ron Barber and a voter who supported Republican challenger Martha McSally reached the deal during a recess in a Cochise County Superior Court hearing Tuesday.

Deputy County Attorney David Fifer says counting of ballots is resuming and the 130 ballots will be included in the county's totals.

However, he says the 130 ballots' results also will be recorded separately so that there can be a new challenge if the 2nd Congressional District's final count is so tight that those ballots are decisive.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/free/20121113arizona-congress-race-mcsally-barber-vote-ballot-dispute.html

Moving forward.

Edit: Additional info: http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/111312_mcsally_restraining_order/court-oks-delay-mcsally-barber-ballot-dispute-barber-up-829/

3 replies, 2004 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Agreement in ballot dispute in Barber-McSally race (Original post)
ProudProgressiveNow Nov 2012 OP
freshwest Nov 2012 #1
ProudProgressiveNow Nov 2012 #2
Kali Nov 2012 #3

Response to ProudProgressiveNow (Original post)

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 07:29 PM

1. Seems to be a strange deal... leaving room to fight later... but better than throwing them out!

Thanks for the news.

Guessing these are part of the half million or so uncounted?

Anything new on the Carmona vs. Flake race?

Also undecided, if I'm not mistaken.

Go blue, Arizona!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to freshwest (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 07:57 PM

2. Still has a shot.

PHOENIX (Reuters) - With several hundred thousand ballots still to be counted in the race for an Arizona Senate seat, a Democrat who earlier conceded the race to his Republican rival was gaining and appeared to have a distant shot at the seat after all.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-rt-us-campaign-arizona-countbre8ac03d-20121112,0,6698318.story

Reply to this post

Response to ProudProgressiveNow (Original post)

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 08:07 PM

3. interesting

I vote in Cochise County and yesterday I filed a notice of irregularity for something that I saw at my polling place. I missed this part of the story so far. wow.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread