HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » ISAF commander Gen. John ...

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 08:17 AM

ISAF commander Gen. John Allen under investigation over 'inappropriate' emails

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by muriel_volestrangler (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: NBC News

U.S. General John Allen, commander of the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan, is under investigation over allegations of “inappropriate” emails between him and the woman who sparked the probe into CIA Director David Petraeus, officials said early Tuesday.

In a statement, the Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said that the FBI had referred “a matter involving" Allen to the Department of Defense.

“Today, the secretary directed that the matter be referred to the Inspector General of the Department of Defense for investigation, and it is now in the hands of the Inspector General,” Panetta said.

The statement said that Allen would remain commander of ISAF during the investigation and that he was “entitled to due process in this matter.”

Read more: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/13/15130151-isaf-commander-gen-john-allen-under-investigation-over-inappropriate-emails?lite

another one bites the dust?

3 replies, 891 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply ISAF commander Gen. John Allen under investigation over 'inappropriate' emails (Original post)
trailmonkee Nov 2012 OP
lalalu Nov 2012 #1
Bluenorthwest Nov 2012 #2
muriel_volestrangler Nov 2012 #3

Response to trailmonkee (Original post)

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 08:21 AM

1. It was like Plato's Retreat with them.

In the meantime they are leaking information to republicans, compromising security, and for all we know planning a coup.

I just remember a lot of rightwing bloggers talking about how they had some high ranking military people on their side. It seems their little heads got in the way of plans in their big heads.

I hope some serious charges and jail time comes out of this.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 08:33 AM

2. This is the military that had to be forced to accept gay people because they claimed

they had honor and Sanctity and the blessings of Goddy McGodster. I wonder how many of them feel like doing a 'One Man, One Woman' tour these days? I bet the President is glad he dropped that 'Sacrament of Marriage' blather before all of his high command was found to be adulterous and soap opera like. Sanctity!!!

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 08:48 AM

3. Locking - duplicate thread

of http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014302452 . Please continue discussion there. Thanks.