HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Russia to help probe Yass...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 05:03 AM

Russia to help probe Yasser Arafat's death, Palestinian president says

Source: Guardian

Russia will join an international investigation to determine whether the first Palestinian president, Yasser Arafat, was murdered, the current Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, said on Sunday.

French and Swiss experts are due to exhume Arafat's body in Ramallah later this month in an attempt to discover how he died after an al-Jazeera documentary in July suggested he was killed by a rare radioactive poison.

"There's full cooperation these days between us and the French investigators and Swiss experts, and also from the Russian government," Abbas told a ceremony on the eighth anniversary of the death in France of the former guerrilla who led Palestinians' campaign to create a state through years of war and peace.

Abbas asked Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov for Moscow's help during talks in Jordan last week, Palestinian sources said.

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/11/russia-yasser-arafat-death-palestinian

2 replies, 1299 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Russia to help probe Yasser Arafat's death, Palestinian president says (Original post)
dipsydoodle Nov 2012 OP
Jeneral2885 Nov 2012 #1
valerief Nov 2012 #2

Response to dipsydoodle (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 05:51 AM

1. A simpe tit for tat

why wouln't the West do the same for any other murdered ally of theirs?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dipsydoodle (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 08:38 AM

2. I thought I read he died of AIDS. Unofficially, of course. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread