HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Poll: Murphy Pulls Ahead ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:39 AM

Poll: Murphy Pulls Ahead In Connecticut Senate Race

Source: TPM

Democrat Chris Murphy has pulled ahead of Republican opponent Linda McMahon in the Connecticut Senate race, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University. Murphy leads McMahon 49 percent to 43 percent.

That's a sizable shift from the an October 4 poll showing McMahon up 48 percent to 47 percent. Murphy's new lead is the result of women and older voters shifting into the Democratic column.

-snip-

Read more: http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/poll-murphy-pulls-ahead-in-connecticut-senate-race

More from the Quinnipiac site:

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/polling-institute/connecticut/release-detail?ReleaseID=1811

In today's results, women back Murphy 52 - 38 percent, compared to 50 - 44 percent October 4. Men are at 50 - 46 for McMahon compared to 52 - 45 percent earlier.

Voters over 55 years old shift from a 48 - 48 percent split to 51 - 42 percent for Murphy.

-snip-

Connecticut likely voters say 47 - 42 percent that Murphy better understands their economic problems. If she wins, McMahon would favor the wealthy over the middle class, voters say 55 - 36 percent. Murphy would favor the middle class, voters say 70 - 14 percent.

"Murphy has taken the lead in the Senate race in part because more voters now believe he understands their economic problems better than McMahon," Dr. Schwartz added.

-snip-

6 replies, 1781 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Poll: Murphy Pulls Ahead In Connecticut Senate Race (Original post)
highplainsdem Oct 2012 OP
ejbr Oct 2012 #1
Plucketeer Oct 2012 #2
Arugula Latte Oct 2012 #3
Dawson Leery Oct 2012 #4
calico1 Oct 2012 #5
ldf Oct 2012 #6

Response to highplainsdem (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:41 AM

1. K & R n/t !!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:37 AM

2. Hot Damn!

Gooooooooooooo Chris!

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:39 PM

3. Nice!

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:01 PM

4. $80 million wasted.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:10 PM

5. I am in CT.

One of the latest ads she has shows people saying they are going to vote for Obama and her on the Independent line. She is running both as a R and an I. Murphy is also on the Working Families line.

I think a lot of people may just be getting sick of her carpet bombing. Tons of ads on TV, radio, flyers, signs. Ugh...

His ad showing footage of her in a Tea Party meeting saying she supports twilghting Social Security I think did her a lot of damage.

So glad he has pulled ahead.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:19 PM

6. i have been watching mcmahon's ads from nyc

they are numerous, and paint murphy as less than useless.

and i have yet to see a murphy ad.

i know fighting her millions is difficult, but how are voters supposed to know if what she is saying in her ads are lies?

i just don't get it.

i sure hope murphy comes out on top. if mcmahon wins, it is another office that has been bought.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread