HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » GOP Senate Candidate: 'Go...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 04:06 AM

GOP Senate Candidate: 'God Intended' Pregnancies From Rape

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by OKNancy (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Yahoo News

Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said pregnancies resulting from rape are part of God's plan, tearfully explaining that he only supports abortions when a mother's life is in danger.

"I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said during Tuesday's Senate debate, choking up. Mourdock's opponent, Democratic Rep. Joe Donnelly, opposes abortion except in cases of rape and incest.

After the debate, Mourdock further explained his comment.

"Are you trying to suggest somehow that God preordained rape, no I don't think that," said Mourdock, according to The Associated Press. "Anyone who would suggest that is just sick and twisted. No, that's not even close to what I said."

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/gop-senate-candidate-god-intended-pregnancies-rape-061057785--abc-news-politics.html

We just won Indiana's seat! WTF!?!?!?!

2 replies, 447 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP Senate Candidate: 'God Intended' Pregnancies From Rape (Original post)
Suji to Seoul Oct 2012 OP
blkmusclmachine Oct 2012 #1
OKNancy Oct 2012 #2

Response to Suji to Seoul (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 04:09 AM

2. Duplicate Topic - Locking

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink