HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Honda recalls 2002-2006 C...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Oct 7, 2012, 07:01 PM

Honda recalls 2002-2006 CR-V for fire risk

Source: AP-Excite

By YURI KAGEYAMA and DEE-ANN DURBIN

TOKYO (AP) - Honda Motor Co. is recalling about 489,000 CR-V crossovers in the U.S., Europe and Africa, from the 2002 to 2006 model years because an electrical switch in the driver's side door could melt and cause a fire.

Honda and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced the recall Saturday for 268,000 vehicles in the U.S.

Honda is also recalling 220,000 CR-V vehicles in Europe and 98 in Africa for the same problem, Honda spokeswoman Akemi Ando in Tokyo said Sunday.

Honda said rain or other liquids could enter through a driver's open window and damage the master power switch on the door. If that happens, the switch could overheat and melt, causing a fire.

FULL story at link.

Read more: http://apnews.excite.com/article/20121007/DA1OKH6G0.html

In this Aug. 20, 2006 photo, a long line of unsold 2006 Honda CRVs sits on the lot of a Honda dealership in the south Denver suburb of Littleton, Colo. Honda Motor Co. is recalling CR-V crossovers from the 2002 to 2006 model years because an electrical switch in the driver's side door could melt and cause a fire. Honda and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced the recall Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

5 replies, 1912 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Honda recalls 2002-2006 CR-V for fire risk (Original post)
Omaha Steve Oct 2012 OP
CottonBear Oct 2012 #1
phylny Oct 2012 #2
smokey nj Oct 2012 #4
CottonBear Oct 2012 #5
NightHawk63 Oct 2012 #3

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Sun Oct 7, 2012, 07:53 PM

1. Yikes! Thank you for posting this Omaha Steve.

Last edited Sun Oct 7, 2012, 08:50 PM - Edit history (1)

I drive a CRV in the recall. The car was purchased used from an out of state dealership. I hope that I can get the problem fixed. I did not buy the car. It was a gift to me. I'm not sure how a recall works. I'll call the local dealership first thing Monday morning.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CottonBear (Reply #1)

Sun Oct 7, 2012, 08:09 PM

2. Mine! Thanks, Omaha Steve! n/t

Reply to this post

Response to CottonBear (Reply #1)

Mon Oct 8, 2012, 07:54 PM

4. I think any Honda dealership will fix the problem. My car had a recall about 3 years ago.

It's a Hyundai Sonata we bought used from friends. I took the car to the local Hyundai dealership and they fixed the problem.

Reply to this post

Response to smokey nj (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 17, 2012, 02:59 AM

5. Hello smokey nj!

No long time, no see! Thanks for the info.

My vehicle was not part of the current recall, but was part of a previous recall! So, the Honda dealership has ordered the part and will install it for free.

Reply to this post

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Mon Oct 8, 2012, 12:29 AM

3. Thanks Omaha Steve

My GF has a 2002 model and I just let her know.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread