HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Obama, Democrats raise $1...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 10:37 AM

Obama, Democrats raise $181 million combined in September, highest monthly re-election total

Source: Washington Post

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s campaign and Democrats have raised $181 million combined in September, pulling in the most money in one month during his re-election bid.

Obama’s fundraising haul topped the more than $114 million raised by his campaign and Democrats during the month of August. Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s campaign and Republicans have not yet reported September fundraising totals.

Obama says in a message on Twitter, the online social network, that more than 1.8 million people donated in September, including more than a half-million who had not donated before in 2008 or 2012.

Obama’s campaign ended August with nearly $89 million in the bank. It did not release its current cash on hand.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-democrats-raise-181-million-combined-in-september-highest-monthly-re-election-total/2012/10/06/1520e22e-0fc1-11e2-ba6c-07bd866eb71a_story.html?hpid=z1

Screw the debate.

Fired up. Ready to go.

9 replies, 2585 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama, Democrats raise $181 million combined in September, highest monthly re-election total (Original post)
Faygo Kid Oct 2012 OP
winstars Oct 2012 #1
Faygo Kid Oct 2012 #2
lonestarnot Oct 2012 #3
judesedit Oct 2012 #4
krawhitham Oct 2012 #5
TheDonkey Oct 2012 #7
Iggy Oct 2012 #6
davidpdx Oct 2012 #8
LittleGirl Oct 2012 #9

Response to Faygo Kid (Original post)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 10:58 AM

1. This includes my $47.00 I sent after Mittens insulted me!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to winstars (Reply #1)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 11:27 AM

2. Love it. Doing the same today. $47.

That will pretty much tap me out for donations, but $47 is just too perfect.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 11:41 AM

3. Friday $47.00!

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 12:35 PM

4. If Mittens/RNC raised less they'll just change September's figures.That's one thing we can count on

Lies, cheating and stealing. Only, not this time will it go unpunished.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 12:39 PM

5. New bull shit conspiracy coming (Was Obama rattled by developing donor scandal story?)

http://washingtonexaminer.com/was-obama-rattled-by-developing-donor-scandal-story/article/2509895#.UHBeA4VN__o

President Obama's reelection campaign, rattled by his Wednesday night debate performance, could be in for even worse news. According to knowledgeable sources, a national magazine and a national web site are preparing a blockbuster donor scandal story.

Sources told Secrets that the Obama campaign has been trying to block the story. But a key source said it plans to publish the story Friday or, more likely, Monday.

According to the sources, a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas. That might be a violation of federal election laws.

The Obama campaign has received hundreds of millions in small dollar donations, many via credit card donations through their website. On Thursday, the campaign announced a record September donor haul of $150 million.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/was-obama-rattled-by-developing-donor-scandal-story/article/2509895#.UHBeA4VN__o

Reply to this post

Response to krawhitham (Reply #5)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:37 PM

7. Just like all the other faux-scandals the right wing has tried to cook up

but lacking any substance like usual.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:36 PM

6. ANYONE in America can grow up to be POTUS!!

provided you can raise around $550 MIL bucks to run your campaign...

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 7, 2012, 02:34 AM

8. No word on Mittens fundraising

I bet it will be in a story dump with a bunch of other things.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 7, 2012, 03:44 PM

9. I won't be donating anymore

They have enough and if I get ONE MORE EMAIL ASKING FOR MONEY, I'M GOING TO UNSUBSCRIBE.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread