HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Nigerian gunmen 'kill Mub...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Oct 2, 2012, 09:26 AM

Nigerian gunmen 'kill Mubi students'

Source: BBC

At least 20 people, mostly students, have been killed by unknown gunmen in Mubi, north-eastern Nigeria, a police source has told the BBC.

The attack happened at a student hostel away from the Federal Polytechnic Mubi campus, the source said.

A lecturer told the BBC that more than 40 students had been killed but there has been no official comment.

The reported killing comes days after a major operation against the Boko Haram militant group in the town.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19801814

2 replies, 1230 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nigerian gunmen 'kill Mubi students' (Original post)
Bosonic Oct 2012 OP
heaven05 Oct 2012 #1
defacto7 Oct 2012 #2

Response to Bosonic (Original post)

Tue Oct 2, 2012, 09:34 AM

1. see

my take is, this type of human interaction will NEVER cease because there is something intrinsically wrong with the human species, either genetically, spiritually or all of the above. The evil that humans perpetrate is just overwhelming sometimes. This need for power and extreme control over others. I just don't fathom it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bosonic (Original post)

Tue Oct 2, 2012, 04:49 PM

2. Life has become cheep...

If you are surrounded by senseless killing and other atrocities long enough, life, anyone's life, becomes as cheep as wadding up a piece of news paper. There is no reflection of one's humanness, no ability to see a personality or perceived pain as cause and effect, no remorse. It's mass sociopathic behaviour. Life is dull and empty and expendable.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread