HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Sign of trouble for GOP i...

Fri Sep 28, 2012, 03:41 PM

Sign of trouble for GOP in Arizona Senate race?

Source: Politico

Tea-party group FreedomWorks is sending staff and additional resources to aid Arizona Republican Jeff Flake’s Senate campaign, another sign his race against Democrat Richard Carmona is tightening in the traditionally red state.

Recent polls have shown Carmona, a former U.S. surgeon general, within striking distance of Flake, a six-term congressman. A poll commissioned by Arizona GOP consulting firm HighGround had Flake edging Carmona 43 percent to 40 percent, with 11 percent undecided.

“I think the dynamics of this race have changed,” said Russ Walker, FreedomWorks for America’s executive director, who is headed to the Grand Canyon State next week. “We want to make sure we don’t forget about Arizona. … It’s safe to say this is a close race.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81793.html

Flake is a weak candidate (he's too Tea Party even for the far-right Arizona Repubs) and Carmona is an excellent candidate. This race represents a pickup that is within our grasp.

7 replies, 2690 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sign of trouble for GOP in Arizona Senate race? (Original post)
Texas Lawyer Sep 2012 OP
itssimplestupid Sep 2012 #1
freshwest Sep 2012 #5
Cha Sep 2012 #2
former9thward Sep 2012 #3
freshwest Sep 2012 #6
Texas Lawyer Sep 2012 #7
freshwest Sep 2012 #4

Response to Texas Lawyer (Original post)

Fri Sep 28, 2012, 03:50 PM

1. Flake Is A Standard TeaBagger

Nutcase. Small guvvmint whackadoodle. He would rather watch his neighbors kids starve to death, then raise taxes on a billionaire.

http://www.RepublicansAreADisease.com

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to itssimplestupid (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 28, 2012, 05:03 PM

5. Good post and blog there. I found an iconic warning picture there:

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 28, 2012, 04:18 PM

2. K&R for Richard Carmona!

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 28, 2012, 04:47 PM

3. Carmona is attacking Democrats in his ads.

He says "Republicans and Democrats both got it wrong". He then identifies himself as a member of the Bush administration.

Reply to this post

Response to former9thward (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 28, 2012, 05:05 PM

6. Playing to the state and independent. Rather have him than another TeaBagger.

Reply to this post

Response to former9thward (Reply #3)

Sat Sep 29, 2012, 12:04 PM

7. I think you ought to judge Democrats like Carmona and Tester (trying to expand the Democractic map

into traditionally Repub states) differently than Democrats like Schumer and Feinstein (who have strong liberal constituencies witin reliably Democratic states).

If we want to be the "big tent" party (and I believe we do), we cannot be so strict in applying litmus tests that we preclude candidates who stand a chance of getting elected in states where there is not a preponderance of liberal voters.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 28, 2012, 04:54 PM

4. 'GOP consulting firm HighGround' is an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Scumbag doublespeak.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread