Sat Sep 22, 2012, 10:44 PM
TomCADem (6,824 posts)
Obama argues against Romney’s ‘top-down economics’
Source: Boston Herald
MILWAUKEE — President Barack Obama worked to squash GOP hopes for a resurgence in pivotal Wisconsin on Saturday, pushing back against his GOP rival’s complaints about an overly intrusive government and attracting his biggest crowd of the campaign. Mitt Romney took precious time away from campaigning in the battleground states to troll for cash in California and kept up his criticism of the president for fostering a culture of dependency.
The president faulted Romney for advancing a top-down economic approach that "never works."
"The country doesn’t succeed when only the folks at the very top are doing well," he said. "We succeed when the middle class is doing well."
Obama, speaking to an energized throng of 18,000 people in an at-times-rainy outdoor amphitheater, made a point of renewing his pledge to create a million manufacturing jobs as he campaigned in a state whose manufacturing industry has been hard hit in recent years.
Read more: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20120922obama_argues_against_romneys_top-down_economics/srvc=home&position=also
What is interesting is that the right wing is doubling down on the meme that rich are virtuous and everyone else who may need assistance from the government is a free loader. In other words, its as if Republicans are seizing upon Rush Limbaugh's "golden opportunity" to attack government programs, rather than trying to tack toward the middle.
2 replies, 1427 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Obama argues against Romney’s ‘top-down economics’ (Original post)
Response to TomCADem (Original post)
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 08:50 AM
dpille (1 post)
2. Tinkle down economics
Trickle down economics makes no sense. No Company large or small will ever hire more people then they need no matter how much extra money they have, and the idea that 1% of the population will spend enough money to create jobs for the other 99% is just plain ludicrous. Especially when money invested overseas is tax free. THAT law needs to be changed immediately.