HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Obama’s Response To Clint...

Sun Sep 2, 2012, 01:55 PM

Obama’s Response To Clint Eastwood Was The Most RT’d Tweet Of RNC

Source: TPM

President Obama's response to Clint Eastwood's speech to an empty chair was the most re-tweeted tweet of the Republican convention, according to a Twitter spokesperson.

More than 51,000 people re-tweeted it, as of Sunday. Obama was presumed to be sitting in the empty chair during Eastwood's prime time speech, which the crowd ate up but which received negative reviews in the press.

-snip-

Read more: http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obamas-response-to-clint-eastwood-was-most-rtd

The only one of President Obama's tweets that was retweeted more often was the one where he said he supports same-sex marriage.

Here's the link to the tweet:

http://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/241392153148915712/photo/1

4 replies, 8166 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama’s Response To Clint Eastwood Was The Most RT’d Tweet Of RNC (Original post)
highplainsdem Sep 2012 OP
mucifer Sep 2012 #1
bupkus Sep 2012 #2
mgarr Sep 2012 #3
maddiemom Sep 2012 #4

Response to highplainsdem (Original post)

Sun Sep 2, 2012, 01:57 PM

1. Hopefully the tweeters vote.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Sep 2, 2012, 02:54 PM

3. What were they thinking?

Clint Eastwood is my favorite actor/director. Initially, I was horrified and saddened by this ghastly performance.

But it ultimately made me look more closely at the Republican National Committee.

How many ways can one say, "mistake"?
Republican convention went off the "cliffs of insanity" with this one.

For heaven's sake, what were they thinking?
Is this a glimpse of what Republican good judgment looks like?

This was the last night of the Republican convention.
And we are given this?

Try as I may, will I ever be able to erase the image of my favorite actor/director playing the part of a demented, crazed old man?

But as bad as this is, what does it say for a Republican Party that can have so little sense as to allow this to happen?

Reply to this post

Response to mgarr (Reply #3)

Sun Sep 2, 2012, 10:52 PM

4. Well, yeah, obviously Republicans don't show much in the way of good

judgement in the normal sense (look at who they follow...Grover Norquist, anyone?) But they do love their celebrities. They denigrate all those crazy Hollywood celebrity Democrats, but get themselves a celebrity on their side, and they are immediately wanting to run him/her for office. On second thought, that's a bit harsh: they haven't yet put Victoria Jackson up for office.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread