HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The delicious part about ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jul 16, 2012, 05:53 PM

The delicious part about Romney's request for an apology.

I am sure that it wasn't a consensus position of his advisor's. Its not very 'alpha' male and the Republicans may not want their leaders to be very smart (Bush/Palin), relevant (McCain), ethical (Romney), compassionate (Cheney) or modern (Santorum) but they do want their leaders to be some kind of 'alpha'.

Begging for an apology is not a very alpha way and I am sure that there were Romney advisers that cringed at it.

So here is the delicious part;

1) Requesting for an apology is a 'a one and done' strategy. He can't go back and ask for any more apologies. He asked and was turned down by a lower level campaign staffer. Even Republicans aren't going to vote for a political leader whose main tool is to beg for apologies.

2) Who ever advocated this in the Romney campaign is toast. The competing advisor's will use this against that faction and it will become a decisive fissure in the inner circle.

Nice move amateurs.

1 replies, 461 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply The delicious part about Romney's request for an apology. (Original post)
grantcart Jul 2012 OP
askyeshua Jul 2012 #1

Response to grantcart (Original post)

Mon Jul 16, 2012, 05:57 PM

1. Right when they started with the etch-a-sketch, I knew they were in trouble

I guess they were hoping that there would be a groundswell of support. That some righteous outrage would come up against the Obama campaign. That we would feel sorry for Romney. Hard to feel sorry for a guy who does not have empathy in his DNA

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread