HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » facebook stupid: I went t...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jul 1, 2012, 09:18 PM

facebook stupid: I went to school at this HS where this idiot was educated (my response)

I went to HS in the biggest wart of a small town in Upstate New York. Just the worst place you could imagine. Narrow-minded, bigotry, uneducated, ignorant, selfish and proud of it. Especially the old time, big name families.

Anyway, one of these putzs posts a picture on facebook. It's a small blurb of an article that basically says the following:

The Food Stamp program is proud of giving out more food stamps and free meals than ever before, however the US Park Service warns people not to feed the animals because if you give the animals a free handout, they will become dependent on it and will stop looking for food themselves. The article ends "this ends today's lesson."

Equating people with animals is a large logical leap, but I decided to respond:

"Next time I see an unemployed, homeless deer on the street, I'll yell at it to get a job."

6 replies, 1436 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply facebook stupid: I went to school at this HS where this idiot was educated (my response) (Original post)
Suji to Seoul Jul 2012 OP
Archae Jul 2012 #1
roguevalley Jul 2012 #4
redwitch Jul 2012 #2
davepdx Jul 2012 #5
Bluerthanblue Jul 2012 #3
diane in sf Jul 2012 #6

Response to Suji to Seoul (Original post)

Sun Jul 1, 2012, 09:24 PM

1. I went to High School in an area like that.

We were "intruders" into their little enclaves.

It's been over 30 years since I saw or heard from any of them, including those a graduated with.
Good.

BTW, good response.
Even money the right-winger won't get it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Archae (Reply #1)

Mon Jul 2, 2012, 01:06 AM

4. let them know how many of our soldiers are on food stamps. that should shut

these pin heads up.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 1, 2012, 09:40 PM

2. This is the second post about this.

It has pissed a lot of us off but I think your response is my favorite so far! Lots of times I just delete and walk away but I am tired of that. I think the last straw was the fb post of an old schoolmate regarding the ACA ruling. She posted that she had had it and was leaving the country. The second response to her rant was either her husband or her son that stated "kill the niggers". I am no longer simply going to delete these people I am going to tell them how I feel first. I have had it with the racism and the general hate they spew. I won't be bullied and I won't let them get away with it. Enough already!

Reply to this post

Response to redwitch (Reply #2)

Mon Jul 2, 2012, 01:45 AM

5. I was thinking about this exact situation a few days ago.

I decided that I'd make my response on their thread and then take a screenshot of the complete exchange. That way if the person a) deleted my post or b) unfriended me that I could then post the screenshot on my profile and point out what a bigot/jerk the person is.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 1, 2012, 09:54 PM

3. perfect-

!! best reply by far. Same stupid clipping surfaced on my facebook feed.

I love the way you handled this.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 2, 2012, 04:03 AM

6. I reposted it with my comments:

This is some right wing screed going around. Here is my response:

I hope none of you ever find yourself in a desperate enough financial position to need food stamps. Someone in a city working 2-3 low wage jobs, not making enough to afford food, rent and utilities, without room or time to garden, really needs those food stamps. I know people in their 50s who have been laid off and haven't been able to find permanent employment for over 5 years no matter how long and hard they've searched. If it weren't for food stamps they would have trouble eating and staying housed. There are huge numbers of people in the US that are hungry and malnourished. Would you let children be permanently damaged by going without adequate food? Do you take farm subsidies? Will you forego SSI and Medicare so you don't become dependent on government handouts in your old age? Just asking...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread