HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » How much will Americans s...

Fri Jun 29, 2012, 01:47 PM

How much will Americans save due to the Affordable Care Act?

I found the site: http://www.healthcare.gov/blog/2011/01/saving-money.html

Tax credits to help the middle class afford insurance will become available for those with income between 100% and 400% of the poverty line who are not eligible for other affordable coverage. (In 2010, 400% of the poverty line comes out to about $43,000 for an individual or $88,000 for a family of four.) The tax credit is advanceable, so it can lower your premium payments each month, rather than making you wait for tax time. Itís also refundable, so even moderate income families can receive the full benefit of the credit. These individuals may also qualify for reduced cost-sharing (copayments, co-insurance, and deductibles).

2 replies, 1461 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply How much will Americans save due to the Affordable Care Act? (Original post)
shcrane71 Jun 2012 OP
kestrel91316 Jun 2012 #1
shcrane71 Jun 2012 #2

Response to shcrane71 (Original post)

Fri Jun 29, 2012, 02:43 PM

1. If it saves each person only a single dollar, it's still a step in the right direction.

Not In Vain

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain. - Emily Dickinson

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #1)

Fri Jun 29, 2012, 03:05 PM

2. Thanks for the beautiful Emily Dickinson poem.

It's definitely going ease the minds of millions of Americans. Just knowing that you can purchase affordable insurance if you happen to lose your job is a thought that brings tears of joys to my eyes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread