HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » It struck me again tonigh...

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 10:46 PM

It struck me again tonight: two-thirds of Americans want Medicare for all. Jeez.

Two-thirds of Americans support Medicare-for-all

And here we are, waiting with baited breath to see if a health insurance plan developed with the fringe-right Heritage Foundation will be struck down by five Justices even further to the right than the Heritage Foundation.

Meanwhile, Congress is getting ready to censure Holder just for kicks, the Right's strategic mastermind is... well, who the heck knows what's going on with that, more kids are homeless than since the depression, drones are smithereening Al Qaeda #2s by the hundreds, and, of course, even Democrats are working to slash Social Security.

When I was younger, I worried that I'd never get to live in interesting times. Ha!

I am reminded of one of my favorite Lou Reed tunes:

(But Lou didn't know how good we had it back then.)

Sorry for the rambling, just all feels rather bizarre. I'll grab a beer, tuck my son into bed, watch Netflix, and all will be better for a while.

1 replies, 595 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply It struck me again tonight: two-thirds of Americans want Medicare for all. Jeez. (Original post)
MannyGoldstein Jun 2012 OP
msongs Jun 2012 #1

Response to MannyGoldstein (Original post)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 11:07 PM

1. our enemy corporations and stooges should love this - lowers costs to them and

that jacks up their profits

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread