HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Her kidneys were failing,...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 09:09 PM

Her kidneys were failing, she was messing the house, the vet said try NF formula,

that was months ago, she regained control, looks better, runs around like she doesn't know her age, (about 16) and has returned to her old self. I thank the vet and purina for providing a product that is engineered to be easy on the kidney while nourishing them with specific nutrients. Let it be known that I don't own Purina Inc., don't have stock in it, don't want any stock in it, this is just a fyi for those with older pets.

For those who may need to know but don't, for those who care to know but don't.
http://www.purinaveterinarydiets.com/Product/NFKidneyFunctionDogFood.aspx

Additional info for those who may own older canines.
http://www.purinaveterinarydiets.com/HealthIssues/CanineKidneyDisease.aspx

5 replies, 1024 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Her kidneys were failing, she was messing the house, the vet said try NF formula, (Original post)
2on2u Jun 2012 OP
Liberal_in_LA Jun 2012 #1
YellowRubberDuckie Jun 2012 #2
2on2u Jun 2012 #3
riderinthestorm Jun 2012 #4
2on2u Jun 2012 #5

Response to 2on2u (Original post)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 09:11 PM

1. great to hear about an animal doing better

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 09:12 PM

2. NF is amazing!

Our Leroy had another good 7, 8 months after we put him on it. He too was an old boy. Appreciate everyday you have her. I would give anything for crazy kisses from my Leroy just one more time.

Reply to this post

Response to YellowRubberDuckie (Reply #2)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 09:16 PM

3. This is part of the reason for it being amazing.... and I stress that even though in many

situations medications may be necessary, this product is composed strictly of nutrients proven to assist and protect kidney function, perhaps more people need to know this for their own welfare.

http://www.purinaveterinarydiets.com/Product/NFKidneyFunctionDogFood.aspx
Ingredients (Dry)

Whole grain corn, brewers rice, dried egg product, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), sugar, dried whey, sodium caseinate, animal digest, calcium carbonate, vegetable oil, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, fish oil, salt, choline chloride, potassium citrate, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese sulfate, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, garlic oil, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite. M-4558

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 09:27 PM

4. 40 horses of every size age and type, 3 dogs, 4 cats (I think - one of them is semi-feral)

and they're all on Purina products.

They have the research facilities and $$$ to get it right for most pets out there. I know that other DUers will come up with their anecdotal stories about other feed brands but in my experience with hundreds of animals, Purina is as good as any.

So glad to hear she's doing better....

Reply to this post

Response to riderinthestorm (Reply #4)

Thu Jun 28, 2012, 06:08 AM

5. It's interesting that omega threes are included in the formula, I know the recent

article about "Do omega threes really do any good?" or some such blather came out recently but apparently Purina finds them worth the trouble.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread