HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Reason(s) I Was So Ma...

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 06:54 PM

The Reason(s) I Was So Mad About The 'Dems Skipping The Convention' Stories...

1) I don't believe the words coming out of their mouths. Yeah, I know... politicians can look straight into a camera and lie right to your face. And water is wet. Politics 101... never liked it in the past, do not like it now.

They are trying to distance themselves from the President... plain, simple, obvious.

2) It... looks... TERRIBLE. Believe me when I tell you, these people REALLY want to be there. I was at the 1984 Convention in S.F. Did not have a pass to get in, but you didn't need one to see much of what was going on. The entire town was a hive of political activity: fancy luncheons and dinners, events surrounding the convention, speeches and political swag on virtually every street corner, and a whole bunch of elbow-rubbing with the rich and powerful, as well as us commoners.

These guys aren't going because being associated with their own President, of their own party, might be enough to do them in politically. And they are more concerned with their political futures, than those of the President or the party.

3) It's only gonna get worse. Like clockwork... the MSM and the right-wing rags are going to make this a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more Democrats refuse to attend the convention, the more stories and reaction will be written and discussed, the more Democrats will refuse to attend the convention.

And boy do I hope I'm wrong about that.

But...

From ABC News: http://abcnews.go.com/US/OTUS/truant-democrats-add-charlotte-convention-woes/story?id=16661275&singlePage=true#.T-uDbhdDyrk

From right-wing rag: http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/06/27/democrats-afraid-to-be-seen-with-obama/

If they had just done this quietly in discussion with the WH and the DNC... but they can't. If they want to disassociate themselves from the President, they have to do so publicly, and with enough time for their voters to see it. That's why this is coming out now.

There's gotta be a better way.

2 replies, 539 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Reason(s) I Was So Mad About The 'Dems Skipping The Convention' Stories... (Original post)
WillyT Jun 2012 OP
WillyT Jun 2012 #1
WillyT Jun 2012 #2

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 08:19 PM

1. Well... I'm Glad We Could Clear That Up...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 09:27 PM

2. Well Then... I Take Your Total Silence To Mean You Think I'm Correct... Thank You... I Appreciate It

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread