HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Despite GOP & DINO ou...

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 12:38 PM

Despite GOP & DINO out crys: Obama's attacks on Bain are working

NBC's Mark Murray breaks down a key part of the new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll showing an essentially unchanged presidential race, with 47 percent of registered voters favoring President Obama and 44 percent favoring Mitt Romney:

Among swing-state respondents in the poll – those living in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin – Obama leads Romney, 50 to 42 percent.
Also in these swing states, Romney’s favorability numbers have dropped, possibly reflecting the toll the negative Obama TV advertisements are having on the former Massachusetts governor in these battlegrounds.

A month ago, Romney’s favorable/unfavorable score stood at 34-38 percent nationally and 36-36 percent in the 12 swing states.

But in this latest survey, his national fav/unfav score is 33-39 percent and 30-41 percent in the swing states.

In addition, the poll shows that attitudes about Romney’s business background – a frequent target in Obama ads – also are more unfavorable in these battlegrounds.

As Murray points out, on a national basis Romney's business record is seen as a positive by 23 percent of registered voters and as a negative by 28 percent. But in the swing states, it's 18 percent positive to 33 percent negative. That may partly be a result of demographics and regional differences, but it's also reflects the fact that voters in swing states are getting exposed to more information about Romney's business record, both through local media coverage and television advertising.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/27/1103522/-Bain-Pain-Poll-shows-swing-state-voters-sour-on-Romney-s-CEO-record

13 replies, 1359 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply Despite GOP & DINO out crys: Obama's attacks on Bain are working (Original post)
WI_DEM Jun 2012 OP
DontTreadOnMe Jun 2012 #1
rufus dog Jun 2012 #2
BlueCaliDem Jun 2012 #12
Lifelong Protester Jun 2012 #13
uponit7771 Jun 2012 #3
Kolesar Jun 2012 #4
uponit7771 Jun 2012 #5
Kolesar Jun 2012 #10
ForgoTheConsequence Jun 2012 #6
uponit7771 Jun 2012 #8
Cali_Democrat Jun 2012 #7
lpbk2713 Jun 2012 #9
dylanssbrown Jun 2012 #11

Response to WI_DEM (Original post)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 12:40 PM

1. Ed Rendell is an ASS!

It needs to be repeated.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DontTreadOnMe (Reply #1)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 12:41 PM

2. Ed Rendell is an ASS!

Done

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 01:37 PM

12. Ed Rendell is an ASS.

Can't be repeated enough.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 01:44 PM

13. Ed Rendell and all his ILK

are ASSES!!!

I'm sick of the meme that we shouldn't talk about someone earning a lot of dough as a bad thing. Well, IMHO, it is a BAD THING when there are terrible human consequences. IT IS IMMORAL. Period.

I'm not envious, I'm against GREED.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 12:42 PM

3. rMoneys has 3 different polls of him in the low 40s high 30s in swing states.. Keep it up Obama!!

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 12:51 PM

4. The commercials in Ohio about older workers losing health coverage are kick ass

The commercials don't go into the depths of the details of takeovers and corporate raiding. They stick to simple themes like factory closings and benefit cuts. President Obama is way on-message.

Reply to this post

Response to Kolesar (Reply #4)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 01:03 PM

5. Do you have a lnik to them? I don't think I've seen those yet...

...if this messaging is working then the Obama admin will be the first dem admin in my voting life to get the messaging right.

Reply to this post

Response to uponit7771 (Reply #5)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 01:09 PM

10. I just seem the commercials on wkyc in the morning...eom

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 01:04 PM

6. I knew they'd work from the beginning.

Any politician who disagreed probably had something to hide financially. I can't wait until November. Axelrod knows that he's doing.

Reply to this post

Response to ForgoTheConsequence (Reply #6)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 01:08 PM

8. The vid of the Penn state congress person saying VID was for Romney to win penn is what bothers

...me the most.

Then people will say ignore the exit polls again...

I pray Obama is up near the 20s in approval vs rMoney before November and they'll all have to pivot to keep congress...

Then we can really start kicking so butt

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 01:05 PM

7. Suck on that, Cory Booker. n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 01:08 PM

9. Excellent

And too bad for the "we should be better than them" concern trolls. Deal with it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread