HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Saints QB Drew Brees twee...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 08:56 PM

Saints QB Drew Brees tweet compares the NFL to the Bush Administration

"If NFL fans were told there were 'weapons of mass destruction' enough times, they'd believe it. But what happens when you don't find any????,"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829f28fe/article/drew-brees-tweet-compares-nfl-to-bush-administration

The back story to this is that the New Orleans Saints got busted in a "bounty system" - the defense contributed money into a pot and money was given out based on big hits and people being carted off the field. Apparently this is not rare but the Saints were warned by Roger Godell (NFL Commissioner and Bush kind of guy - Goddell's wife is or was on Fox News). Yesterday the players who were suspended for 4 weeks to one who suspended for all of next season (without pay) were shown the evidence that the NFL had at league offices.

3 replies, 764 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Saints QB Drew Brees tweet compares the NFL to the Bush Administration (Original post)
underpants Jun 2012 OP
LeftyMom Jun 2012 #1
zbdent Jun 2012 #2
rufus dog Jun 2012 #3

Response to underpants (Original post)

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 09:02 PM

1. They were recorded planning specific injuries to inflict on opposing players in order to collect.

Notably head injuries and the ACL.

So this is exactly like WMD, only if there was a recording of Saddam and his goons sitting around having a meeting deciding what weapons to order from Acme Dictator Supply and records of who pitched in how much on the order. So exactly the opposite of what he's trying to suggest.

It's a good thing Drew Brees can throw a football, because he sure can't manage to make a convincing argument.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 09:03 PM

2. Brees forgets also that the "weapons of mass destruction" that the Right touted

still had the 1991 UN seals intact, and the "weapons of mass destruction" that were touted as being .001 seconds from being used on our troops NEVER EXISTED ... but then, the true believers (those who profit/stand the most to gain) said that the fact that they didn't find any was PROOF that they existed because the WMDs were shipped off to, I believe, Syria. Where, of course, they aren't being used on those rebelling against the government.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 09:18 PM

3. I have no idea what he is trying to say!

If he was a liberal I would get it, I think.

Is he trying to say that like the Bush WMD lies, the NFL keeps lying about the bounty program?

Little confused because I heard he is a RW idiot Hannity follower.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread