HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Mitt Romney goes to Wawa

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 08:26 AM

Mitt Romney goes to Wawa

Fascinated by Mitt Romney’s chimerical trip to Wawa? My pal Ryan Petzar breaks it down, for no apparent reason, and with timecode.

0:15: Mitt, with one hand on his hip and sleeves rolled up in a way specifically designed to appeal to people who’ve graduated college but haven’t been able to actually earn enough money in their lives to make that degree really worthwhile, asks “Where do you get your hoagies here? Do you get them at Wawas? Is that where you get ‘em?” This is hilarious not only because he knows that’s the answer, because it was fucking publicized he’d be going to a Wawa, but because he says it with the same exact cadence that Jay Leno does while setting up an awful monologue joke: “So have you heard that, uh, have you heard that OCTO-mom is, uh… she’s filming an adult movie?” Basically, Mitt Romney is the Jay Leno of politics: he’s awful, but some old white people decided they didn’t hate him as much as their other options.
http://teensleuth.com/blog/?p=13155#.T-BrRtsQfoE.twitter
Written by a Philadelphia area Sports writer this is one of the funniest and truest analysis of a Mittens appearance I have ever read.
Best line at the end ". And even at five I was able to verbalized the experience better than he did."

4 replies, 994 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mitt Romney goes to Wawa (Original post)
TZ Jun 2012 OP
bigdarryl Jun 2012 #1
yellowcanine Jun 2012 #2
TZ Jun 2012 #4
Blue Owl Jun 2012 #3

Response to TZ (Original post)

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 08:33 AM

1. Dumb fuck can't even pronounce WAWA

Talk about out of touch Lord have mercy

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bigdarryl (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 09:27 AM

2. Shades of George HW Bush and the super market scanner.

What is it about Republican Presidential candidates that they are such doofuses regarding modern retail technology? I mean, really, for anyone who has used a touch screen the ordering technique at WaWa isn't all that astounding.

Reply to this post

Response to yellowcanine (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 11:53 AM

4. Thats the comparison that immediately jumped to mind

when I saw this earlier. Sure, he's just like the average man..if the average person thinks the convenience store technology is "magic".

Reply to this post

Response to TZ (Original post)

Tue Jun 19, 2012, 11:43 AM

3. (mutes trumpet): Wa Wa Waaaahhh....

What a loser...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread