HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Did Mitt Romney rape anyo...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:23 PM

Did Mitt Romney rape anyone that he pulled over when impersonating a cop?

For the uninformed - Mittens got a police officer uniform from his dad, then Governor of Michigan. He would attach a red light on his car, and pull people over.

This is usually the behavior of a rapist or serial killer.

So did Mittens ever rape anyone while doing this?

What exactly did he say to the people he pulled over?

Are there any unsolved rape cases from that period of time in Michigan?

http://www.nationalmemo.com/did-young-mitt-romney-impersonate-a-police-officer-another-witness-says-yes/

91 replies, 7946 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 91 replies Author Time Post
Reply Did Mitt Romney rape anyone that he pulled over when impersonating a cop? (Original post)
Taverner Jun 2012 OP
LeftyMom Jun 2012 #1
Solly Mack Jun 2012 #2
ellie Jun 2012 #4
Vincardog Jun 2012 #3
99th_Monkey Jun 2012 #49
begin_within Jun 2012 #5
Sherman A1 Jun 2012 #6
bighughdiehl Jun 2012 #7
datasuspect Jun 2012 #8
tularetom Jun 2012 #9
Taverner Jun 2012 #10
Scootaloo Jun 2012 #11
Taverner Jun 2012 #13
kestrel91316 Jun 2012 #39
Marr Jun 2012 #12
Scootaloo Jun 2012 #15
Wind Dancer Jun 2012 #26
crunch60 Jun 2012 #53
Rosa Luxemburg Jun 2012 #87
flamingdem Jun 2012 #90
lumberjack_jeff Jun 2012 #14
maxrandb Jun 2012 #16
railsback Jun 2012 #17
KurtNYC Jun 2012 #18
Taverner Jun 2012 #19
KurtNYC Jun 2012 #21
crunch60 Jun 2012 #61
freshwest Jun 2012 #82
Taverner Jun 2012 #83
Marr Jun 2012 #20
KurtNYC Jun 2012 #23
Solly Mack Jun 2012 #25
KurtNYC Jun 2012 #45
Solly Mack Jun 2012 #47
frogmarch Jun 2012 #22
KurtNYC Jun 2012 #24
Uncle Joe Jun 2012 #27
uponit7771 Jun 2012 #28
Capt. Obvious Jun 2012 #29
bigtree Jun 2012 #51
mrmpa Jun 2012 #30
haele Jun 2012 #31
2pooped2pop Jun 2012 #32
2pooped2pop Jun 2012 #76
aint_no_life_nowhere Jun 2012 #33
loyalsister Jun 2012 #34
The Blue Flower Jun 2012 #37
loyalsister Jun 2012 #44
kestrel91316 Jun 2012 #40
loyalsister Jun 2012 #46
kestrel91316 Jun 2012 #48
loyalsister Jun 2012 #54
Marr Jun 2012 #52
loyalsister Jun 2012 #56
aint_no_life_nowhere Jun 2012 #58
Marr Jun 2012 #59
loyalsister Jun 2012 #70
Marr Jun 2012 #75
magical thyme Jun 2012 #64
loyalsister Jun 2012 #72
magical thyme Jun 2012 #81
2pooped2pop Jun 2012 #35
HopeHoops Jun 2012 #36
goclark Jun 2012 #38
RZM Jun 2012 #41
valerief Jun 2012 #42
4th law of robotics Jun 2012 #43
Taverner Jun 2012 #66
Kingofalldems Jun 2012 #68
bigtree Jun 2012 #50
crunch60 Jun 2012 #60
davekriss Jun 2012 #55
Matariki Jun 2012 #57
RZM Jun 2012 #62
LibertyLover Jun 2012 #65
RZM Jun 2012 #73
renate Jun 2012 #63
cali Jun 2012 #67
Taverner Jun 2012 #69
cali Jun 2012 #74
Marcia Brady Jun 2012 #71
4th law of robotics Jun 2012 #77
RZM Jun 2012 #79
4th law of robotics Jun 2012 #80
RZM Jun 2012 #78
bigtree Jun 2012 #84
RZM Jun 2012 #86
bigtree Jun 2012 #88
RZM Jun 2012 #89
B Calm Jun 2012 #85
Exultant Democracy Jun 2012 #91

Response to Taverner (Original post)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:25 PM

1. That was my first thought too.

Ugh.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LeftyMom (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:27 PM

2. Count me in on that.

That was also my first thought.

Reply to this post

Response to LeftyMom (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:29 PM

4. Me too.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:28 PM

3. Some people say that there were a string of child rapes at that time. I will look for a link.

Reply to this post

Response to Vincardog (Reply #3)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:27 PM

49. the "child" would need to be of driving age

unless Mittens raped them in front of their parents. ew.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:31 PM

5. He's a sociopath.

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:32 PM

6. While perhaps that might be an overreaching question

it is more than fair to ask, just what the devil the young Mr. Romney was doing impersonating a police officer & just what the devil happened.

If he violated the law the public has a right to know and if there are issues that have not fallen victim to the statues of limitations, then they also need to be addressed.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:33 PM

7. "character matters"-nt

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:34 PM

8. he hasn't confirmed or denied that he DIDN'T rape anyone

guilt by omission? you decide.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:35 PM

9. In a political sense does it really matter?

Isn't this story disturbing enough without knowing he raped somebody?

I can't imagine how anybody with a few functioning synapses would want this guy anywhere near the red phone.

This is really kinda sick behavior.

Reply to this post

Response to tularetom (Reply #9)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:36 PM

10. Well, if he did I would like to see his victims get justice...

Reply to this post

Response to tularetom (Reply #9)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:37 PM

11. My first thought on this story was "Didn't Ted Bundy do that sort of shit?"

I harbor doubts that he was doing this just for the lulz.

Reply to this post

Response to Scootaloo (Reply #11)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:38 PM

13. That's what I thought too...

FTR, Ted Bundy was President of the Washington Young Republicans chapter in college.

Reply to this post

Response to Taverner (Reply #13)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:53 PM

39. Jeebus H. Christ. I finally figured out who Rmoney has always reminded me of and you

are the one who gets credit. He has ALWAYS reminded me of Ted Bundy. Creepy creepy creepy.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:38 PM

12. "pulled over students from a girls school next door to Cranbrook while wearing a police uniform...

...as a prank".

How is illegally pulling over women you don't even know a "prank"? Is it a "prank" in the same way that assaulting a kid you suspect of being gay is a "prank"? I mean, what would you think if some local construction worker was caught doing this? People certainly wouldn't assume it was just a big gag.

This is seriously fucking weird. When I read your headline I thought it was muckraking silliness, but this is indeed some extremely strange and suspicious behavior.

*edited post*

Reply to this post

Response to Marr (Reply #12)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:42 PM

15. Law, Schmaw, his daddy was the Republican governor!

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:10 PM

26. Everything in his past was a "prank."

The guy is crazy, pure and simple. Nothing we find out about him would shock me, absolutely nothing.

He's scarier than Bu*h and much more dangerous.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:53 PM

53. Yes indeed, and shades of these two serial killers. Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono.

I posted this on another thread , but I am posting it again. Everyone need's to know about
Romney's strange, dangerous behavior.

Bianchi and Buono would usually cruise around Los Angeles in Buono's car and use fake badges to persuade girls that they were undercover cops. Their victims were women and girls aged 12 to 28 from various walks of life. They would then order the girls into Buono's "unmarked police car" and drive them home to torture and murder them.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:48 PM

87. actually against the law

so that means people don't need to be charged for crimes because they are pranks!

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:59 PM

90. Did he tie them to his roof for fun?

How can the USA elect a weirdo? At least this helps Obama long run

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:39 PM

14. Some are asking. n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:44 PM

16. Now you're thinking like a "right-winger"

Last edited Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:30 PM - Edit history (1)

Too bad we don't have an entire cottage industry, like Hate-Radio, or Faux News to repeatedly ask; "did Mitt Romney rape anyone when he was posing as a cop?"

Where are our ass-hatted lawyers that can begin filing idiotic and frivolous lawsuts to ensure this meme gets in the "mainstream"?

Where are our witnesses willing to come forward and accuse a candidate of rape, so that it will make it's way into the "mainstream"?

Where are our publisihing firms that will crank out complete hatchet jobs on Repuke candidates, and where is our Faux News to give these screeds prime-time exposure?

Where are the complete whack-jobs who will file suit, after suit, after suit demanding Romney's "long form birth certificate", and then, when it is produced, file a suit to claim it was a forgery???

I'm "effing" tired with being nice! Especially when time and time again, these tactics win the Repukes a majority of the votes.

I normally oppose "scorched earth" tactics, but if we don't employ them...THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE ENOUGH OF THIS COUNTRY LEFT TO GIVE A FUCK ABOUT.

The "effing" repukes can win with 50.1% of the vote, and govern as if the opinions of 49.9% don't fucking matter! It's time to stop being nice.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:50 PM

17. Just about everyone has smoked dope

and just about everyone has NEVER dressed up as a cop and pulled people over.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:52 PM

18. Impersonating a state trooper is bad enough

Speculating like this just makes this new item seem like partisan hysteria.

Why would we take a page from O'Reilly's playbook when we have a great true story to work with?

Reply to this post

Response to KurtNYC (Reply #18)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:54 PM

19. Because it's a logical follow up question

And it's not like the GOP plays nice...

Reply to this post

Response to Taverner (Reply #19)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:00 PM

21. It IS an appropriate follow up question

Or a more open version like -- What did he do after he pulled girls over? Did he reveal to THEM that this was a "prank"? And if he didn't then how is it a prank? As Ellen DeGeneres says "If this is a practical joke shouldn't we BOTH be laughing?"

IMHO it is better to just get this Trooper impersonation story out there with just the facts. Otherwise it becomes a Dan Rather TANG and goes away.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:39 PM

61. And how many times have the 'The Birthers', like the pompous. blowhard , comb over guy Trump,

hashed over, debated and screamed about Obama's birth certificate!

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 10:12 PM

82. Taverner, this reminds me of 2 very disturbing things, one from the news, one from my college years.

When the OP article said this:

Phillip Maxwell, a prep school buddy, told the New Republic in 2008 that Romney had pulled over students from a girls school next door to Cranbrook while wearing a police uniform as a prank...

It reminded me of this:

Rand Paul ABDUCTED Female Student While In College, Tried To Force Her To 'Take Bong Hits,' GQ Article Alleges

Note this phrase, which was bracketed and will not copy from the article, so I have put parentheses on it: (brother in his liberal secret society)... Check the link to see where it is placed. Really? A liberal secret society? Sure... like Loughner in AZ...

The strangest episode of Paul's time at Baylor occurred one afternoon in 1983 ... when he and a (brother in his liberal secret society) paid a visit to a female student who was one of Paul's teammates on the Baylor swim team.

"He and Randy came to my house, they knocked on my door, and then they blindfolded me, tied me up, and put me in their car. They took me to their apartment and tried to force me to take bong hits. They'd been smoking pot." After the woman refused to smoke with them, Paul and his friend put her back in their car and drove to the countryside outside of Waco, where they stopped near a creek. "They told me their god was 'Aqua Buddha' and that I needed to bow down and worship him," the woman recalls. "They blindfolded me and made me bow down to 'Aqua Buddha' in the creek. I had to say, 'I worship you Aqua Buddha, I worship you.' At Baylor, there were people actively going around trying to save you and we had to go to chapel, so worshiping idols was a big no-no."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/09/rand-paul-abducted-female_n_675766.html

When that story first came out Rand said it was a prank, then he and his army of devoted followers denied it happened. Fortunately, I did not associate with such people in college.

But the college prank routines reminded me a discussion in the second semester of my college Black History class. I don't remember how the conversation got around to it, but 2 black women said that white frat boys had prowled their neighborhood, kidnapped young black girls, raped them and tossed them out of their cars later. They were very angry as they told us and most of the class was white and very shocked.

I went home and talked to my family about this to see if they had ever heard of these things. An aunt took a deep breath and said it was true. Our family men had not been able to afford college, but she had been a teacher and said frat boys in the old days bragged about doing it for their initiation. Some guys in high school bragged about things that were illegal in my classes, just not that.

I doubt Romney did, however, but a lot of things used to be done by people with a lot of money going to college. We've heard about hazing, a lot of things that are not healthy being done.

What I could not, and cannot understand is that why a person with the chance to go to college, used those opportunities to hurt others. And then just say, 'boys will be boys,' or it was just a prank. Rush called the sexual abuse of Iraqis at Abu Graib as 'nothing worse than a college fraternity prank.' What kind of people are these, with so much power, that they excuse all criminal acts, no matter how vile, sexually abusive and disgusting?

If someone else had did these things, the consequences would have been severe. I can't prove if what the angry young black ladies in my class said; I don't have proof of my aunt's story, although she was involved in politics all her life and a very serious woman. Why she or they would make this up, I can't imagine.

When the murders in the south during the sixties happened, I asked my family what was going on. They told me about the KKK, the night riders who went to terrorize blacks the day before elections, to make sure they had no sleep, and the poll taxes and tests they gave blacks, etc.

They left the deep south over a century ago, not because they were black, but they didn't want to live there anymore. They wanted something new for us.

And here we are, talking of a possible leader of this country, who could not control himself anymore than to abuse a person whose hair he didn't like, who abused a teacher with poor eyesight, and now abused his father's position of trust as governor to pretend he was an LEO.

And not only that, we learn he used to pull people off the road with false authority. Or at least we think we do, we will never know, most likely.

We do know his sick attitude about selling out communities for his own personal wealth and hiding his ill-gotten gains abroad. My folks would have had a heart attack thinking about such a man being in charge of the lives of millions of people through executive orders and what he might do.

Also he's a chicken hawk, promotes wars he knows won't hurt him or his kids. I don't know what to think here. And as I said, I can't prove what these people told me in my college years, either, so I won't argue about it, it's all speculation, like this OP. I just felt that it might be part of this puzzle that the OP asks.

I still think we need to regain the Bain story and have that debate. It looks like the media owners have decided that story had to be attacked in treble, and now everyone has forgotten. They won't allow anyone to talk about a man who bankrupted companies and impoverished people, any more than they will permit coverage of the criminal wrongdoings in Wisconsin that should be in the news regarding the indictments there.

Reply to this post

Response to freshwest (Reply #82)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 10:36 PM

83. Yes - this seems to be a trend among the Authoritarian type, which most Republicans fall into

They like to subjugate people, to dominate them, to disempower them and then do a final insult.

Much like Serial Killers, much like Ted Bundy, muck like Henry Lee Lucas, much like the BTK killer.

I have come to the conclusion that leaders are the problem, and the only way we can eliminate leaders is to make as flat and egalitarian as possible, while keeping in mind reason, logic and empathy.

When I think of "leader" - I think about Gen George Patton. Josef Stalin. Adolf Hitler. Augusto Pinochet. Francisco Franco.

True, there have been MLK and Gandhi, but both of them were the exception, not the rule.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 03:54 PM

20. Hysteria? If some guy who was not the son of a filthy rich politician was

caught dressing up as a cop and prowling the area around a girls' school to pull them over, I expect we'd all make some assumptions-- and it wouldn't be hysteria.

Reply to this post

Response to Marr (Reply #20)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:06 PM

23. I think it is better if people hear the witnesses first and then

start asking that themselves. It discredits the story to speculate too early.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:08 PM

25. It's a fair concern - especially for women. Men have often posed as police to rape women.

I'll wager many women had that thought upon learning of the story.

Does it make him a rapist? No, it does not.

But it does make me wonder why he did it and what he did while dressed up as law enforcement.

Reply to this post

Response to Solly Mack (Reply #25)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:13 PM

45. I should have said: bad enough for the first beat of this story

Absolutely I think it IS the question that comes to mind. I was speaking about how the story could break wider and I think what will keep it up will be if it develops more. If other witnesses are quoted or pictures surface.

This is really creepy behavior. Illegal as hell and creepy. It is relevant and I think even his lukewarm supporters will have questions about this type of activity. Most on the Right claim to fear "big government" and yet THIS is who they are supposed to support ?

Reply to this post

Response to KurtNYC (Reply #45)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:24 PM

47. I don't get support of any republican much less someone as creepy - and he is creepy - as Romney.

He was creepy before this. Just something about him strikes me as plastic and fake and not simply artificial and phoney - this goes well beyond phoney - but he seems as if the proper responses you would expect from a person are something he struggles with. ...he doesn't connect with his own humanity or others around him. Bush was the same way.

There's something missing in both.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:06 PM

22. Or maybe he

got off by just putting on the police officer uniform.

Reply to this post

Response to frogmarch (Reply #22)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:07 PM

24. Ewwww

Monica's dress just came to mind...Out! Out!

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:14 PM

27. That's a good and valid question, considering his abusive bullying behavior, cutting a man's hair

off as if God gave him the right to do such a thing.

This would have certainly given Romney ample opportunity to rape or abuse someone, had they believed he was a cop and he pulled them over in a secluded area.

Thanks for the thread, Taverner.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:17 PM

28. I've been posting for at least a week that rMoney is showing some SERIOUS mental problems...

...they guy can't stop lying (lies when the truth serves him better), bags on people who are not as rich as he is and now he dress's like a cop.

Come on,...

There's NO FREAKING WAY a dem would get away with this!!

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:19 PM

29. Mitt Romney needs to prove he didn't rape anyone

Otherwise - guilty

Reply to this post

Response to Capt. Obvious (Reply #29)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:32 PM

51. I don't think he raped anyone

Last edited Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:33 PM - Edit history (1)

. . . but I can't control everything someone else might say.

"You know, I don't agree with all the people who support (our Democratic candidate) . . . My guess is they don't agree with everything I believe in."

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:20 PM

30. I asked the same question in an earlier post......see below

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:22 PM

31. Just the fact that he posed as police to get the power to pull them over and intimidate them -

Is enough. He may not have needed to rape them, he already proved to himself he could easily project power over them whenever he wanted to use it.
Just because he didn't sexually rape anyone after he pulled them over doesn't mean the same emotional mechanism wasn't in play.
It's still a violation, because "seizing and holding a person against their will" or kidnapping is valid under the archaic definition of rape; the poet Chaucer and a few of his friends were accused of the "rape" of the wife of the other party in a lawsuit, stopping her at a market and holding her until they forced a legal agreement from her husband.
Ultimately, it's one of the reasons that it is against the law to impersonate an officer of the law outside of a party or as a paid actor.

But, of course, in Romney or any other rich kid or political figure's case, it can be excused as "boys will be boys", and "it's all good, clean fun until someone gets hurt".
And "well, at least he didn't rape anyone"... Again, he didn't have to. He probably got enough of the power jolly he wanted by stopping someone and imposing his will on them. Add to that the potential feeling of control he got by telling himself that he could have, but didn't. What is scarier? The potential psychopath or sociopath who has a twisted urge but doesn't indulge them all the way, or the one who gives in to the urge and completes the action?

Not saying anyone's a psychopath or sociopath, but there is obviously an issue going on there.

Haele

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 04:22 PM

32. wouldn't that be the cats meow of october surprises

during an election?

I doubt we will be so lucky but if this story comes out in the treasonous mainstream media, maybe people will surface with info and stories to tell.

That kind of activity is not usually used to deliver flowers, so what did he do after he got them pulled over?

Reply to this post

Response to 2pooped2pop (Reply #32)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:29 PM

76. test

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:02 PM

33. I'll bet Mitt is a Bruce Campbell fan

and likes his movie about a deranged killer who impersonates a cop.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:04 PM

34. Too much Law & Order SVU?

Where is the assumption that he was pulling over girls come from?

Extrapolating criminal behavior is reaching.

This is like accusing Obama of being a drug dealer because he was likely to have "possessed" drugs.

The uniform fetish is weird behavior, but using it to create some kind of criminal conspiracy without evidence is a tactic I complain about as it is used by conservatives.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #34)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:31 PM

37. Extrapolating from what we do know is fine

We do know that he considered physical assault with scissors to be a ha-ha prank. It isn't much of a stretch to assume some kind of physical contact with the women he pulled over. It's all about domination.

Reply to this post

Response to The Blue Flower (Reply #37)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:05 PM

44. It's tempting assume a person's qualities we don't like turn them into a criminal

Most people who commit such crimes may exhibit particular characteristics associated with extreme domineering tendencies, but the reverse is not necessarily true.
We live in a male dominated society where the alpha male rules. Boys and young men are encouraged to look to them as role models and they do. The majority who participate in domineering, even violent behavior as adolescents do not commit crimes.

The extrapolation of a crime as serious as rape from what is unfortunately common behavior among the group again indicates too much TV.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:57 PM

40. Impersonating law enforcement isn't a "fetish", it's a CRIME.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #40)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:20 PM

46. Impersonating and seeking it as a profession

are also behaviors typically associated with insecure people trying to live up to real or imagined expectations. Most people who exhibit those behaviors are basically ordinary law abiding people.

That he impersonated police is a claim\accusation not a confirmed fact. True or not, it is nothing but a FOX newsworthy hill to die on.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #46)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:26 PM

48. It's also classic serial rapist/killer behavior. But go on defending Rmoney.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #48)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:55 PM

54. And yet serial killers are a very VERY tiny minority

I'm not defending Romney. I'm defending logic and reason and (probably fruitlessly) trying convince committed supporters that pushing unsubstantiated claims is a strategy that just reflects poorly on people pushing claims without evidence.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:44 PM

52. From the article.

Last edited Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:21 PM - Edit history (1)

One of his confidantes says that was what Romney said he was doing.

Reply to this post

Response to Marr (Reply #52)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:05 PM

56. Was he there?

Did he take pictures?

If not it is a claim\assertion without evidence.
Similarly, any idiot could tell FOX that Obama dealt drugs. The fact that Obama admitted to experimenting with drugs would make the story believable to people who want to trash him with false or flimsy claims.

This is a low to which I hope Dems would not sink as it legitimizes the strategy of extrapolating criminal\unethical behavior from limited information.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #56)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:17 PM

58. He was a percipient witness

and so was his wife. And they were echoing what others have previously stated. Eyewitness testimony is commonly used in a court of law, even without pictures, as not every human act is caught on camera. It's EVIDENCE. Did George Wahington cross the Delaware? Where are the pictures?

If Romney wants to rebut it, let us hear from him. And I for one don't see anything low about this.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #56)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:18 PM

59. You said it was an assumption on the part of posters.

I pointed out that it was in the article. It's a claim from someone who says they knew Mitt Romney, that apparently matches up with several other peoples' claims. It's not just some wild imagining from the internet, as you suggested.

Reply to this post

Response to Marr (Reply #59)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:41 PM

70. The extrapolation to rape was not in the article

nt

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #70)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:22 PM

75. "Where is the assumption that he was pulling over girls come from?"

That was your question, and I answered it.

You know, it's kind of odd to keep trying to move the goalpost when the last comment is sitting ^ right there.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:50 PM

64. Where is the assumption that he was pulling over girls come from?

He admits it...as a "prank."

Deliberately asserting power over and frightening girls from the nearby girls school as a "prank." Using the mo of many rapists, who also pose as cops (or in some cases are cops) to pull women over and subsequently rape them. Not a big stretch, imo.

"Extrapolating criminal behavior is reaching. " Actually, no extrapolation or reach needed. Impersonating a cop IS criminal behavior. You or I would be in big trouble for it.

Reply to this post

Response to magical thyme (Reply #64)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:02 PM

72. There is no real evidence beyond the word of the people quoted

That he did that with seriousness and nefarious motives.

Warped behavior is more often than not just weirdness. Just as unusually polite behavior is most likely just that.

Is every charming, manipulative person a Ted Bundy?

The kind of calculating rapists people are imagining Romney to be are extremely rare. But, the behavior Romney has exhibited not so much.

It's okay to hate him, but to take every bit of dysfunction to a level of horrifying criminality only discredits the reasonable questioning\objections regarding the original story.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #72)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 10:00 PM

81. "Warped behavior is more often than not just weirdness"

Really? And what is your evidence for that? Detaining and terrorizing young women is more than just a little "weirdness." It is cruel, mean-spirited and, oh, what was that word? CRIMINAL.

Sorry, but I fail to see the humor in his pranks. And since both my parents were bullies, and my father's method was to bully in the disguise of "pranks," and I know that my father took his "pranks" to the point of causing me extreme physical and mental distress, I do question how far Romney took his little game. We already know of one case of assault in the guise of a "prank."

"but to take every bit of dysfunction " Sorry, but I don't consider bullying to be a "bit of dysfunction." And his behavior shows a pattern of bullying. In the same way that assaulting a young man and cutting off his hair was bullying.

"But, the behavior Romney has exhibited not so much." Oh, there is no doubt that there is an epidemic of bullying in this country.

Sorry, but given Romney's track record, and our country's tendency to claim that "boys will be boys" and "she was asking for it," and the fact that Romney has not yet explained what he did after detaining and frightening total strangers for fun, I consider it a legitimate question.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:23 PM

35. huffpo (yeah I know) has this as mischievious high school prank alrready

apparently did it in high school as well as college and it is not a new revalation as has been written about before.

Those boys with money will sure be boys with their harmless childhood pranks, while boys without money become dangerous felons it seems.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:29 PM

36. Just a dog someone had on their roof.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:48 PM

38. I lived in the Birmingham area near Cranbrook

Last edited Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:06 PM - Edit history (2)

It is a lovely , charming community.
Very upper class and friendly -- in other words - it's easy to know
your neighbors and what goes on there.

For him to play that kind of mess in Birmingham/Bloomfield he must have been really crazy!

It is the kind of community that keeps their business quiet ~ and knowing how well known his family was - it would be very hard, in those days for all of Birmingham/Bloomfield Hills not to know.

However, It would be easy for the Police not to arrest him ~ Daddy Rmoney would slip them $$$'s and that would be the end of that ---

However, now the boys that went to school with him may be ready to talk ~
I hope so!!

Thanks for your post ~ we need to keep an eye on his pass deeds.

Edit to add link for Cranbrook

http://www.schools.cranbrook.edu/

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 05:59 PM

41. I'm sure there are unsolved rape cases from that time. I doubt that means anything though

You're reaching.

Plus, while some serial killers or rapists impersonate police officers, I'd bet robbery is by far the most common reason people do it. Seems like a good way to knock over the local drug house or hijack a truck. And I don't think a young Mittster was hard-up for money.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:01 PM

42. How would we know if he did? It's certainly unstable behavior. nt

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:04 PM

43. Pretty big jump there

Reply to this post

Response to 4th law of robotics (Reply #43)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:20 PM

66. Not really - Ted Bundy (R-Dead) used to do it all the time

Same with the BTK killer

Reply to this post

Response to 4th law of robotics (Reply #43)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:24 PM

68. OP was my first thought when I read about this

No jump at all. Legitimate question. I know conservatives do not want the question asked.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:29 PM

50. basically trying to disempower the women so he could take advantage of them

. . . that's bad (creepy and illegal) enough.

Reply to this post

Response to bigtree (Reply #50)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:30 PM

60. Maybe that's why Romney said so quickly, "Planned Parenthood, I'd get rid of it" nt power trip.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 06:58 PM

55. Honest, I thought O'Donnell...

...was going to say he loved police uniforms when he (Willard) was 6 or 7. I was shocked to hear it was when he was an adult and that he actually pulled people over. That is genuinely psychopathic behavior - at the least a sign of a severe personality disorder.

...and this guy stands a good chance at becoming President! Whoop boy, the U.S.A. is in a whole heap if trouble!!

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:16 PM

57. Hmmm, the word "pranks" is used liberally to describe Romney's bullying and possibly illegal actions

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:43 PM

62. Why is the first thought people have here rape/murder?

And not robbery? I find this rather odd.

I don't have data on this (who knows if it's readily available). But it seems logical to me that far more police officer impersonation cases involve property crime and not rape or murder, mainly because crimes like robbery, theft, larceny, auto theft, burglary etc. vastly outnumber rapes and murders combined.

Impersonating a police officer is one way to kill people or rape them. But it's just as good a way to hit the local drug spot, perform a home invasion, or pull someone over and rob them. The possibilities for robbery here are numerous.

It's strange to me that people jump immediately to rape and serial killing when the notion of impersonating a police officer comes up.

For the record I don't believe Romney has ever raped or killed anybody. And he's probably never robbed anybody either (at least not outside of his official capacity at Bain).

This just looks silly. Nothing wrong with talking about the uniform story. But it's very odd to then jump straight to positing that he used it to commit murder or sex crimes.

Kind of reminds me of this onion video:

Reply to this post

Response to RZM (Reply #62)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:19 PM

65. Why rape/murder and not robbery first?

Speaking strictly for myself, there have been several incidents here in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area over the past couple of years where the rapist posed as a cop and pulled women driving alone in cars over and than raped them. Hearing the police spokesperson state that if you are concerned about whether or not the cop pulling you over is legit, you should pull over and call the police who will confirm or deny. Of course the way the police are out of control these days I can guess what doing that would actually net the poor woman who did pull over and then called the police to see if the person pulling her over was legit - and what I'm imagining isn't particularly pretty.

Reply to this post

Response to LibertyLover (Reply #65)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:03 PM

73. I'm sure it does happen

But perhaps those types of crimes get more headlines. A rapist on the loose is probably going to get more play than a bunch of stick-up-kids who dress up as cops, rob the local drug dealer, and then get caught 2 days later.

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. But like I said, property crimes are far more common than rape and murder and impersonating a cop can be beneficial in any such scenario. Perhaps it is because murder and rape are more sensational crimes and thus capture the public's imagination in a way that robberies don't.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 07:46 PM

63. I don't think it serves us to ask that last question about unsolved rapes

Too easy to dismiss by the MSM, and maybe even libelous.

It's sufficient, if it really is true that he pulled girls over, to let the implications speak for themselves, maybe with a mention or two that this is an M.O. that's been used by rapists, because that's undeniable, too. Accusing him personally would just deflect attention from the manifest weirdness of his behavior.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:22 PM

67. unlike most posting in this thread, I think this is stupid

and makes DU look fucking insane. It's the counterpoint to the idiotic Larry Sinclair wingnut shit.

Reply to this post

Response to cali (Reply #67)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:41 PM

69. Cali, just admit it - you don't like ME

I could post a serene pasture and you'd find some reason to trash it

Reply to this post

Response to Taverner (Reply #69)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:04 PM

74. Actually, weirdly enough I do like you

I think you're out there, but I have a soft spot for quirky. I can't say I think much of some of your threads, but it ain't that I don't like you.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 08:43 PM

71. Me, too.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking, cali.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:45 PM

77. Apparently saying some republican isn't necessarily a murderer-rapist is controversial

despite the complete lack of evidence.

Most serial killers in this country are white males. Just like Romney.
Most serial killers wear shoes and have owned a car at some point. Just like Romney.
Most serial killers in the US spoke English and were right handed. Just like Romney.

Do you still have your doubts?

Reply to this post

Response to 4th law of robotics (Reply #77)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:49 PM

79. Maybe Romney is actually D.B. Cooper?

They both like money.

Reply to this post

Response to RZM (Reply #79)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:52 PM

80. It sounds crazy but can you prove he isn't?

So logically then he must be.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 09:48 PM

78. I agree that it looks silly

Putting aside the fact that there's absolutely no evidence for it (which is bad enough), it makes DU look obsessed with rape and murder, which is a bit creepy.

It also looks desperate, as if we are forced to attack Romney by concocting bizarre scenarios with no basis in reality. I don't think that was the OP's intention, but it could be interpreted that way. There's no shortage of real things to criticize in the Mittster's record. Making up weird fantasies detracts from the real arguments against him.

Reply to this post

Response to RZM (Reply #78)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:26 PM

84. I agree with most of what you say, but there's another thought I have

. . . about his alleged behavior.

Was this really done at a time where it wasn't known how malicious some of these cop impersonators had been in some publicized incidents? I can remember at least two incidents where a police impersonator was pulling over women and it was (correctly, I think) treated as if the women who were pulled over were in great danger. I wonder where the line is? Is it less malicious if it's said to be a prank?

If Romney was caught doing this at the time; or, if some of the women he said he was pulling over reported the incident; wouldn't it be proper and prudent to assume the worst motive, and to assume there may have been other incidents with god-knows-what occurred to investigate and resolve before removing Romney from consideration as a menace and a possible threat?

Reply to this post

Response to bigtree (Reply #84)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:35 PM

86. If he did do it

My guess was that his intention was to feel good that he pulled off a major practical joke. It's asinine and entirely illegal, but I don't think he ever intended to harm anybody. If he did it, his intent was to feel like a badass for fooling some unsuspecting motorist. That's rather odd and certainly creepy. But it's not a heinous crime.

It's a pretty shitty thing to do. But it's not rape, murder or robbery. And that's assuming he did it. As I mentioned in another OP, I'm skeptical that Romney ever actually did this. It takes a lot of balls to go around impersonating a police officer with no other goal than glory. And that doesn't sound like Mitt to me.

Reply to this post

Response to RZM (Reply #86)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:50 PM

88. I'm quite certain the women wouldn't think it was a joke

. . . I think they'd feel threatened. I agree that they were. The idea of using the elevation of authority which is represented by a trooper's uniform and a flashing police light on a vehicle to lure women off of the road is rather frightening; especially for the women involved; for their parents, I can imagine, as well.

I'm still not convinced that such an incident isn't serious; doesn't have serious consequences to the victims; and can, would, or should be brushed off as just a prank or a joke.

Reply to this post

Response to bigtree (Reply #88)

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:54 PM

89. I agree with that

If he did it, it would be a major thing. Anybody going through that would have endured unnecessary stress.

But like I said, I'm not all that confident it ever happened. I suspect Romney was telling tall tales. If hard evidence comes out that says he did it, I'll take a look at it. But right now I'm skeptical.

I'm not going to use this in my criticisms of Romney. I'm going to focus on the established facts of his record at Bain and as Governor of Massachusetts. There's more than enough there to go around without resulting to unproven accusations.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:34 PM

85. This man is sick, but

the typical republican will see they have a lot in common with him!

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 8, 2012, 01:20 AM

91. I wonder if anyone pulled over by him will come forward... and what it means if no one does too

However Mitt also needs to be asked when was the last time he impersonated a police officer. He got his first uniform from his governor father, did he acquire one for himself in MA too?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread