HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Swiftboating Obama: How ...

Sat May 5, 2012, 09:38 AM

Swiftboating Obama: How Should Democrats respond? Mike Huckabee is taking the lead

Mike Huckabee is taking the lead in Fox's campaign of daily followup to a third-party ad campaign against President Obama's alleged showboating his role in targeting Osama bin Laden for capture or death. See http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/huckabee/index.html .

The former Arkansas governor says he's devoting his Saturday May 5th 8pm Eastern program to a panel of former Navy Seals discussing President Obama's "spiking the football".

Did you notice that the first "Swiftboating" ad just plays 1-second clips of every use of the word "I" in the President's WH announcement a year ago of bin Laden's defeat? Is it an "outrage" whenever a President refers to himself and what he has accomplished?

IMO John Kerry's failure to respond early on to his "Swiftboating" lost him the Presidency.

I believe President Clinton should make at least one follow-up to his Democratic ad on the defeat of bin Laden. IMO he should make light of the new "Swiftboating" campaign. I hear Big Dog drawling, "Can you BELIEVE?"

Bill Maher said last night that GW Bush put on a costume to showboat "Mission Accomplished" for a war he LOST. IMO it wouldn't be hard to make "Swiftboating" President Obama look so absolutely ridiculous at the start that Republicans will have to put an end to such nonsense.

Information that should be included in Democrats' responses IMO should include--

--It took many months of detailed preparation, led by President Obama, to develop a comprehensive plan to exploit actionable intelligence on bin Laden's whereabouts;

--Then-Defense Secretary Gates, VP Biden, and others advised against going in on the ground because certainty about the accuracy of the intelligence was only about 50 percent;

--It was President Obama who insisted that there be the backup troops and backup helicopters that saved the mission when the first helicopter crash-landed.

WHAT'S YOUR OPINION?

27 replies, 3250 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 27 replies Author Time Post
Reply Swiftboating Obama: How Should Democrats respond? Mike Huckabee is taking the lead (Original post)
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 OP
JDPriestly May 2012 #1
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #3
asjr May 2012 #2
malaise May 2012 #4
bigtree May 2012 #5
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #7
bigtree May 2012 #12
Gman May 2012 #6
blm May 2012 #8
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #11
blm May 2012 #17
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #18
blm May 2012 #23
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #24
blm May 2012 #27
msanthrope May 2012 #9
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #25
sendero May 2012 #10
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #13
MH1 May 2012 #14
Iggo May 2012 #15
coalition_unwilling May 2012 #16
GoCubsGo May 2012 #19
coalition_unwilling May 2012 #21
tapermaker May 2012 #20
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #22
ProgressiveEconomist May 2012 #26

Response to ProgressiveEconomist (Original post)

Sat May 5, 2012, 09:41 AM

1. Focusing on the fact that Obama killed Bin Laden will help Democrats, not hurt us.

This is a foolhardy strategy in my opinion.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink