HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Media pushed the 'tough o...

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:50 AM

Media pushed the 'tough on terror' meme though W allowed 9-11, anthrax, BinLaden's ToraBora escape

and diverted the focus of the war on terror from Afghanistan where it was to Iraq where it wasn't.

Now, Romney, the GOP and their mediawhores are whining that Obama shouldn't be acknowledged in this campaign as 'tough on terror' just because he decided to enter into Pakistan to surgically take BinLaden out, and wound down Bush's unnecessary war in Iraq to refocus on individual terrorists in Afghanistan so this nation can finally wind down operations there, too.

Nope - in GOP world a feckless dumbass, BinLaden-protecting 'leader' like GWBush can be portrayed as a hero for his re-election, but, they will cry foul should Obama and the Dems mention the victories in their targeting of BinLaden and other terrorists.

9 replies, 908 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Media pushed the 'tough on terror' meme though W allowed 9-11, anthrax, BinLaden's ToraBora escape (Original post)
blm Apr 2012 OP
rainy Apr 2012 #1
blm Apr 2012 #7
redqueen Apr 2012 #2
DCKit Apr 2012 #3
NNN0LHI Apr 2012 #4
YoungDemCA Apr 2012 #5
Kahuna Apr 2012 #6
blm Apr 2012 #8
Kahuna Apr 2012 #9

Response to blm (Original post)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:18 AM

1. I hate that they get to set the talking points.

Look what the media allowed them to get away with about John Kerry. They are bullies and they keep winning, aided by our privately owned media.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rainy (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 12:46 PM

7. Heh- I get posts deleted @MSNBC for mentioning Corpmedia's complicity in protecting Bush

and shoving a false image of him down their audiences' throats.

They didn't even begin to allow the other side to have programs that would allow for free discussions from the left POV till after they pushed Bush back into office. Remember...even Olbermann was on leash for some time at MSNBC and his Special Comments leeway didn't have a start until 2006.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:55 AM

2. The M$M has a vested interest in misrepresenting these issues.

If only more people would catch on. Sadly those they manage to dupe are predisposed to agree with the corporate agenda for one stupid reason or another.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 12:04 PM

3. W* & Dick needed Bin Laden. The media was complicit. nt

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 12:08 PM

4. Nice thread blm

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 12:08 PM

5. The US government? "Tough on terror"?!

Ha! Good one.

Ask the people of Nicaragua, Iraq, Afghanistan, Panama...hell, every country that the US government has terrorized and bullied in the course of protecting private Western interests-how they feel about America's "War on Terror."

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 12:17 PM

6. I've always believed that...

1. the reporting about bin laden escaping through Tora Bora was utter nonsense. Bushso gave bin laden 5 months to hi-tail it out of Afghanistan, if he was ever there in the first place. No way do I believe that bin laden given that much time just sat around waiting to be a target.
2. I never believed that obl was hiding in caves. I always believed that he was living comfortably and that musharref knew exactly where he could be found.
3. Not only did I believe that Musharrref was protecting him, but that bush knew that his bff was protecting him, and musharref, obl and bush had an "understanding."
4. finally, I always believed that bush got musharref to get obl to make that nonsensical plea to the American people just prior to the election in 2004.

Reply to this post

Response to Kahuna (Reply #6)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 01:18 PM

8. pretty much what I've believed throughout those years....

Musharaff was a longtime Bush man back to Poppy and BCCI.

Reply to this post

Response to Kahuna (Reply #6)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 03:19 PM

9. Oops! I meant 5 weeks, not 5 months. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread