HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Forbes: Rielle Hunter Con...

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 07:23 AM

Forbes: Rielle Hunter Connections to JonBenet Ramsey and "24"

Last edited Fri Apr 27, 2012, 02:43 PM - Edit history (1)

By Roger Friedman

As I reported a few years ago, Hunter is a familiar face to the people who worked on the Fox show, “24.” Her romance there was not with Kiefer Sutherland, but with a member of the staff. When Hunter announced her pregnancy, sources there told me there was quite a bit of anxiety about who exactly the father might be. (And a lot of relief when it was Edwards.)

Rielle Hunter was first known as Lisa Druck. But some time in the late ’80s, after moving to Los Angeles from New York, the Florida native met and married Alexander “Kip” Munro Hunter III. During her decade-long marriage, her father-in-law was the prosecutor in the celebrated Ramsey case in Boulder, Colo.

It seems Rielle — known then as Lisa — hooked up with Kip in Los Angeles after her run as a Manhattan party girl and inspiration for a 1987 Jay McInerney novel. The author recently recalled that the book “was narrated in the first person from the point of view of an ostensibly jaded, cocaine-addled, sexually voracious 20-year-old who was, shall we say, inspired by Lisa.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/04/26/john-edwards-trial-rielle-hunter-connections-to-jon-benet-ramsey-and-24/

I have posted on DU2 about many of the strange connections to Rielle Hunter AKA Lisa Druck. Some of these were reported elsewhere (e.g. about her father-in-law and JonBenet), but some that I discovered and posted on DU2 have still not appeared elsewhere. In several cases, articles or blogs that lead me to the discovery were no longer online or they had been revised to omit the relevant information. I'm glad I printed those pages to files and archived them several places.

An example of a UNC70 at DU exclusiveEDIT:first, but no longer exclusive: After Rielle and Kip separated, she lived at the home of Lisa Ann Bardach, the Vanity Fair writer with connections everywhere in LA and NYC and DC and author of definitive VF articles about JonBenet.

I had seen rumors regarding "24" but not anything I could confirm enough to post previously, and now only as part of a longer item of celebrity gossip.

BTW This story has the dates of her marriage wrong and a couple of other small errors.

14 replies, 2370 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to unc70 (Original post)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 07:51 AM

1. I gave you a rec because you posted something......

I had never known about Hunter before. Thanks!

If they lock this as being off topic for GD (they might) I hope you will re-post in Showbiz because I would bet I'm not the only one who didn't know about these connections. Interesting.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Little Star (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 09:58 AM

2. Her connections lead everywhere and raise many questions along the way

I have posted about various curious things I have learned about Hunter and those around her over in DU2. You should find some of it in my Journal archive over there.

I expect you will be amazed by some of it.

Reply to this post

Response to unc70 (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:05 AM

3. Thanks. I'll do that. I always like to see the bigger picture. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Little Star (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:27 AM

9. I hope that this is not locked. It is relevant to the Edwards trial, which is clearly GD.

Reply to this post

Response to yardwork (Reply #9)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:29 AM

10. I'm with you yardwork! It looks like it's gonna stay, I hope. n/t

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:11 AM

4. So she got her hooks into JE thinking she'd be Mrs. Veep?

Well she really hitched her wagon to a winner...

Reply to this post

Response to Blue_Tires (Reply #4)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:18 AM

7. No, Hunter met Edwards after 2004

I assume that was the "she" you meant.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:16 AM

5. Yeah, a really classy chick. John, WHAT were you thinking?

It's been my impression that people who change their names are often kind of ... strange. At least, everyone I know who's done it has been weird. Something about running away from their own identities.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:54 AM

6. I believe the term is "gold digger".

Real classy John, real classy.

Reply to this post

Response to drm604 (Reply #6)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:23 AM

8. Not so much a "gold digger", more like in "Fatal Attraction" -- not to be ignored

Young has admitted that almost all the supposed "hush" money actually went to himself, not to Hunter.

Reply to this post

Response to unc70 (Reply #8)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:31 AM

11. The Youngs are grifters, and so is Rielle Hunter. They were grifting as a team.

The three of them were living in luxury digs all over the country, paid for by money supplied by millionaires supporting Edwards for president. He's a cad for cheating on his wife and lying about his daughter, but it's starting to look like he didn't know about the Mellon money. It looks like Young arranged that himself, in Edwards's name, and the Youngs and Hunter kept it to pay for luxury houses.

If the National Enquirer had not broken this story, I suspect that the Youngs and Hunter would still be living off Edwards "campaign" money. Grifters.

Reply to this post

Response to unc70 (Reply #8)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 01:12 PM

12. I was referring to her penchant for going after wealthy and influential men.

That makes her a gold digger.

Reply to this post

Response to drm604 (Reply #12)

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 02:54 PM

13. She grew up as part of that in Palm Beach

At least until her father was essentially run out town because he cheated some of his law partners in a real-estate deal/fraud

That contributed in part to his need for cash that lead to him hiring a Mafia hit man to kill Lisa/Rielle's horse for the insurance money.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 27, 2012, 03:06 PM

14. I don't understand. Why does any of this matter?

24?

Jon Benet Ramsey??

Is this woman on trial for something?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread