HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Man strips naked at Orego...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Apr 18, 2012, 10:54 AM

Man strips naked at Oregon airport in TSA protest

(CNN) -- A 50-year-old man who said he felt that airport screeners were "harassing" him stripped naked at Portland International Airport, police in Oregon said.

Police charged John E. Brennan with disorderly conduct and indecent exposure after he disrobed while going through the security screening area at the airport Tuesday evening.

"When interviewed about his actions, Mr. Brennan stated he fly's (sic) a lot and had disrobed as a form of protest against TSA screeners who he felt were harassing him," a police incident report said

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/18/travel/oregon-airport-naked-protest/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Who here has not wanted to do this at some point when traveling?

Sometimes it feels like we almost are stripping, shoes, belt, jacket anything in your pockets. Just think, if you stripped, you wouldn't have to empty your pockets.

7 replies, 1449 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Man strips naked at Oregon airport in TSA protest (Original post)
liberal N proud Apr 2012 OP
Lasher Apr 2012 #1
Ron Green Apr 2012 #2
Lydia Leftcoast Apr 2012 #4
MurrayDelph Apr 2012 #5
HappyMe Apr 2012 #3
grasswire Apr 2012 #6
ancient mariner Apr 2012 #7

Response to liberal N proud (Original post)

Wed Apr 18, 2012, 11:07 AM

1. I've never wanted to do that myself.

But I've wished a few others would have taken such a stand.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Apr 18, 2012, 11:11 AM

2. Wow. PDX is one of the easiest and friendliest

airports anywhere. This guy must have had a very bad week.

Reply to this post

Response to Ron Green (Reply #2)

Wed Apr 18, 2012, 11:19 AM

4. Yes, as a former resident of Portland, I've long felt that TSA screeners at PDX

should give lessons in Efficiency 101 and Good Manners 101 to the screeners at other airports, especially O'Hare. (Clue to O'Hare screeners: Screaming at foreign visitors does not make them automatically understand English.)

Reply to this post

Response to Ron Green (Reply #2)

Wed Apr 18, 2012, 11:33 AM

5. Yes and no.

Four years ago (just before I had my knee replaced), I was required to both give up my cane and my leg brace, and then shuffle my way, sock-footed (so there went my arch support) through the slow-moving line to the magnetometer.

When I got up to the machine, the TSA was trying to give me a cheerful "How are you?" but the preliminary experience outweighed any attempts at cordiality.

That was the last time I have flown. Now, when I commute between southern California and northern Oregon, I drive.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 18, 2012, 11:16 AM

3. I have no desire to do that.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 18, 2012, 12:46 PM

6. he said they used a test on him that showed nitrates

....some kind of a new test. And so he just stripped to show that he wasn't carrying any kind of explosives. He travels frequently.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 18, 2012, 11:26 PM

7. Tell the White House!

Tell the administration to withhold funding from TSA until they respect the Constitution and the traveling public:

http://wh.gov/RPx

1. Remove and destroy all imaging machines that potentially can "see" under our clothing.
2. Cease and desist all invasive patdowns that involve touching genitalia unless there is probable cause to believe that the individual has committed a crime.
3. Cease immediately harassment of people who assert their constitutional rights during airport screening.

http://wh.gov/RPx

Thanks for signing.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread