HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Corey looks courageous, s...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 08:46 PM

Corey looks courageous, savvy in Trayvon Martin case so far

A lot of good stuff in this article:

Corey looks courageous, savvy in Trayvon Martin case so far

Only time will tell whether Special Prosecutor Angela Corey got it right in charging George Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

As I've said before, there's no sense trying to second-guess that call without all the facts.

But the Republican state attorney from Jacksonville has already done a few things that show she's tougher and savvier than the average bear especially the bears in these parts.

First of all, Corey stepped up to the plate and decided to bring charges herself instead of using a grand jury. That took guts.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-12/news/os-scott-maxwell-angela-corey-teresa-jacobs-041312-20120412_1_grand-juries-secretive-panels-special-prosecutor

4 replies, 798 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Corey looks courageous, savvy in Trayvon Martin case so far (Original post)
Baitball Blogger Apr 2012 OP
Booster Apr 2012 #1
Baitball Blogger Apr 2012 #4
joshcryer Apr 2012 #2
Baitball Blogger Apr 2012 #3

Response to Baitball Blogger (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 08:58 PM

1. I'm ready to give this lady a chance. She seems to really know her stuff and so far I have

been impressed with how she handles herself and the media. I have a feeling she's pushed Zimmerman into pleading manslaughter and, I think, that's ok with me. I think charging him with 1st degree would have been to harsh and he might have walked. I really don't think he will walk; at least I hope he doesn't.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Booster (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 09:07 PM

4. I would be okay with manslaughter too.

I'm just waiting to here more information, because this case could be ground breaking on SYG.

Reply to this post

Response to Baitball Blogger (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 09:03 PM

2. I like her. And having recently done jury duty (not the full thing) I have...

...a new respect for their job.

I love how she continually tells the idiotic reporters about the process because somehow they have become so inundated with trivialities they can't be bothered to give the people a fucking civics lesson.

Reply to this post

Response to joshcryer (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 09:07 PM

3. She sounds like a professional.

Professionals don't have to resort to bully or scare tactics. That's what usually happens around here because the legal authorities don't pass the smell test.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread