HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » How Arkansas football coa...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 04:23 PM

How Arkansas football coach Petrino gamed the system to hire his mistress at the university

How Bobby Petrino gamed system by hiring mistress Jessica Dorrell

Internal documents show how Jessica Dorrell got job 16 days after it was posted
Petrino, athletic officials pushed for affirmative action waiver to speed up process
SI.com review of 159 applicants shows many more qualified for job than Dorrell

Former Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino tried to sidestep University of Arkansas guidelines to quickly hire his mistress, Jessica Dorrell, as the team's player development coordinator, according to documents obtained by SI.com. The documents show that Petrino sought a waiver to circumvent a university affirmative action policy requiring that the job be posted for at least 30 days before interviews could commence. Dorrell's first interview was scheduled even before the waiver was granted by the university's Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance.
---------------------------

At 6:45 p.m. on Sunday, April 1, Petrino crashed his motorcycle on a highway near the University. Petrino initially claimed that he was riding alone, but subsequently admitted that Dorrell was his passenger and that he was having an inappropriate relationship with the 25-year-old. (Dorrell has been placed on paid leave by Arkansas.)

------------------------

From 159 applicants, three finalists were identified: Ben Wilkerson, Tiffany Fields and Dorrell. According to the resumes they submitted to Arkansas, Wilkerson and Fields had football backgrounds. Dorrell's resume did not mention football.

The job description also listed "master's degree in related field" as a preferred qualification. Again, Dorrell was the only finalist not to meet that standard.

-------------

Despite being the only candidate with no experience in football, Dorrell's "interview feedback" notes identify her as having "the most overall experience of building relationships that the football program is looking for." The following day, Dorrell received -- and signed -- an offer letter from Long listing a salary of $55,735, as well as four complimentary tickets to home football games and two complimentary tickets to home games in every other sport.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/04/13/arkansas.records/index.html#ixzz1rxC1sLYp

4 replies, 1199 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply How Arkansas football coach Petrino gamed the system to hire his mistress at the university (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Apr 2012 OP
sadbear Apr 2012 #1
cindyperry2010 Apr 2012 #2
joeybee12 Apr 2012 #3
Cirque du So-What Apr 2012 #4

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 04:24 PM

1. Insert John Edwards joke here.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 04:26 PM

2. I understand she

was not his only mistress. Not that it was at the same time I do not know that. But the wife should kick this asshole to the curb

Reply to this post

Response to cindyperry2010 (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 04:55 PM

3. She's also engaged, or was at the time...

Birds of a feather, I guess.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 05:27 PM

4. I've been away for awhile today

but I see a lot of threads about this guy. Not being much into sports, I'm fairly clueless Bobby Petrino. Is there some reason why he's drawing so much attention from DUers? Is he a huge repuke? Fundie? There must be something about his public persona that makes these revelations highly hypocritical, right?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread