HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Breath-taking climate den...

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 02:54 PM

Breath-taking climate denial nonsense, this time aimed at NASA

Iíve been getting lots of email and other notes about a group of 49 people ó including some ex-astronauts ó who have written a public letter to NASA complaining about the space agencyís stance that global warming exists and is caused by humans.

You can guess how I feel about it. But to be clear: itís more denialist spin, nonsense, and noise. You can read the original leter here, and then I strongly suggest reading Shawn Ottoís devastating deconstruction of it. You can also read the response to this letter by NASAís Chief Scientist Waleed Abdalatim if youíd like.

Iíll note that it doesnít matter that former astronauts signed this propaganda letter ó Iíve written about Apollo 17′s Harrison Schmitt and his climate change denialism before ó but I note it does matter that of the 49 signatories on that letter, not one is an actual working climate scientist. That should give you pause. Iíll also note that 49 former NASA employees is a tiny, tiny fraction of the total. Itís not hard to find statistical outliers in a group that big. I knew a creationist who worked for NASA!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2012/04/13/breath-taking-climate-denial-nonsense-this-time-aimed-at-nasa/

1 replies, 846 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Breath-taking climate denial nonsense, this time aimed at NASA (Original post)
MindMover Apr 2012 OP
intaglio Apr 2012 #1

Reply to this thread