HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "Obama Proves He Doe...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 08:53 PM

"Obama Proves He Does Not Understand the Constitution" . . . HUH????

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-proves-does-not-understand-constitution-212200164.html;_ylt=AlkdKQXOjG2uVLsZ8Jccai3zWed_;_ylu=X3oDMTRvZ2l2b2diBGNjb2RlA2dtcHRvcDEwMDBwb29sd2lraXVwcmVzdARtaXQDTmV3cyBmb3IgeW91BHBrZwNmNWY4M2ZiYi0zNTg4LTM0YjQtODA4ZC1hZjg2MmVhNmI1NGQEcG9zAzMEc2VjA25ld3NfZm9yX3lvdQR2ZXIDYjk0NzEyOTAtN2QxYS0xMWUxLWI1ZjctM2EzNjM3Y2RmYjdl;_ylg=X3oDMTJyNmQ4cXRsBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNTg2ZTMwNWQtYzU3Ni0zMDczLWE1YmEtOTZhZWYwNWI4Y2I2BHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

Can someone please explain to me how the Yahoo Contributor Network works? Is this serious? Can anyone from the Pigshit Hog Waller of the Internet just pick up a box of black crayons and scribble on a screen? Really?

13 replies, 2227 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Obama Proves He Does Not Understand the Constitution" . . . HUH???? (Original post)
HughBeaumont Apr 2012 OP
aspieextrodinare Apr 2012 #1
uppityperson Apr 2012 #2
aspieextrodinare Apr 2012 #3
uppityperson Apr 2012 #4
Honeycombe8 Apr 2012 #5
provis99 Apr 2012 #6
struggle4progress Apr 2012 #8
provis99 Apr 2012 #9
unblock Apr 2012 #7
Galraedia Apr 2012 #10
HughBeaumont Apr 2012 #12
Historic NY Apr 2012 #11
JHB Apr 2012 #13

Response to HughBeaumont (Original post)

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 09:01 PM

1. Umm did Obama really say those things

I sure as hell hope not.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to uppityperson (Reply #2)

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 09:13 PM

3. Okay that sounds better

To say that just because something was past by elected officials it should stand would open us up to a lot of bad things, such as Congress passing a law banning abortion or the like. That is what it sounded like at first.

Reply to this post

Response to aspieextrodinare (Reply #3)

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 09:14 PM

4. Which is the point of the op, that the person writing that "article" is not very accurate

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 09:15 PM

5. I wish he'd not commented on the case at this time. Unless he knows something...

and his comments are part of a bigger plan. It seems almost like he's goading the S.Ct., drawing a line in the sand and asking them to walk across....which they will be more likely to do, now that they've been dared.

But the S.Ct. IS going to strike down at least SOME part of the ACA, if not everything that is before them. Because it's a political organization, now.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 09:15 PM

6. this "political scientist" Poupard is one I haven't heard of.

I thought I could recognize most of the profs in my own field. Maybe by "political scientist" he meant not that he was a prof, but that he's had an Intro to American Politics class.

Reply to this post

Response to provis99 (Reply #6)

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 10:11 PM

8. From his profile:

L. Vincent Poupard .. has studied the history, impact and symbolism of the horror industry for years. Travel all over the country has given him experiences ... Poupard won a “YCA Article of the Year Award” for his 2010 interview with comic book legend Stan Lee ... http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/29188/l_vincent_poupard.html

Reply to this post

Response to struggle4progress (Reply #8)

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 10:15 PM

9. so basically, his official job title is: "Lying Unqualified Assclown".

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 09:39 PM

7. in the article, the author claims to be a political scientist. but here's his yahoo bio:

L. Vincent Poupard is known for his insightful news commentaries and unique takes on the entertainment industry. Along with his career in writing, he works as a political/business consultant and has helped businesses gain a foothold in their community. He has studied the history, impact and symbolism of the horror industry for years. Travel all over the country has given him experiences which have led to many articles

Poupard won a “YCA Article of the Year Award” for his 2010 interview with comic book legend Stan Lee and the “YCA Local Writer Award” for excellence in local coverage in the Metro Detroit area. He is a Featured Contributor in Arts & Entertainment and Travel. He can be contacted through his Facebook page or Twitter account. Both are listed below.

http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/29188/l_vincent_poupard.html

so he has, perhaps SOME footing in the business of politics, but apparently zero footing in actual constitutional interpretation. certainly nothing to compare to a president obama, a HARVARD-EDUCATED PROFESSOR OF CONSTITUTIONAL LAW!!!

moreover, whole article is a rebuttal of a "quote" taken from FOXNEWS. since the author doesn't address the actual context of obama's quote, it's a good bet that foxnews omitted it.

does he seriously think obama doesn't understand that the supreme court can strike down laws at all? seriously?

obama was, of course, making a very limited point, talking only about a particular area of law in which the supreme court has historically given great deference to the other branches.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 8, 2012, 10:59 PM

10. Wow. Have you see all the conservatard comments on that site?

Spouting misinformation is like breathing for Republicans.

Reply to this post

Response to Galraedia (Reply #10)

Mon Apr 9, 2012, 05:33 AM

12. And they drink stupid like water.

Yahoo really IS the pigshit hog waller of the internet . . . nothing but a bunch of wannabe Klansmen, Stormfronters and hyper-Bircher assholes.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 9, 2012, 12:07 AM

11. Thats just a repeated talking point its been in several places.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 9, 2012, 05:59 AM

13. "Obama proves he does not agree with me...

...just as I have proved I haven't been paying attention to public affairs for several decades, since I don't recognize the rhetoric conservatives have used all that time to delegitimize decisions by what they consider 'liberal activist judges' "

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread