HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This Election Like Being ...

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 10:22 AM

This Election Like Being In Vietnam - Will We Ever Put Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again.

There is one about spending a year in Vietnam it is that you go through a kaleidoscope of emotions. You can go through periods of great hope and great despair like someone who is bipolar. This election feels that way in so many ways. It seems like the country and lives are being ripped to shred by hatred sowed and nourished by the GOP. And the outcome is truly in doubt.

I see broken and fragmented country. I see one party trying to piece it back together and I see another powerful force in the GOP doing everything in its power trying to smash the pieces to pieces. And I wonder if we can ever put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

If I could wish the GOP out of existence like a character hit by a phaser disintegrating on Star Trek I would do it in a heartbeat.

3 replies, 666 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply This Election Like Being In Vietnam - Will We Ever Put Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again. (Original post)
TheMastersNemesis Apr 2012 OP
libtodeath Apr 2012 #1
TheMastersNemesis Apr 2012 #3
iemitsu Apr 2012 #2

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Original post)

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 10:43 AM

1. If the repukes manage to steal this election

I fear a bloody civil war may once again be upon us.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to libtodeath (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 03:00 PM

3. They Might Revolt If Obama Wins

Reply to this post

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Original post)

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 11:09 AM

2. the real problem lies with the uber-rich.

they are the force behind all the destructive talk and legislation.
tax them to redistribute our wealth and then pass laws that keep them from ripping us off again. that is the only way to deal with the infighting created by our fighting over crumbs.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread