HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Brownback, House speaker ...

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 06:43 AM

Brownback, House speaker used state-owned plane to see KU Chickenhawks in Final Four

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/04/3538669/brownback-house-speaker-used-state.html

"TOPEKA -- Gov. Sam Brownback and a short list of guests flew on a state-owned plane to St. Louis and New Orleans to see the Kansas Jayhawks play in the NCAA Tournament.

The flights cost taxpayers about $3,000. Any other expenses for security or guests were not immediately clear.

House Speaker Mike O’Neal, R-Hutchinson, and his wife, Cindy, who is an aide to another House Republican, accompanied Brownback and first lady Mary Brownback on both trips.

Others on the March 31 trip to the Final Four in New Orleans included U.S. Rep. Kevin Yoder and his wife, Brooke; Brownback’s chief of staff, David Kensinger; Gerard Goulon, a family friend; and security detail Damon Carlton, according to Brownback’s office. The one-way flight cost $1,049. Kensinger and Goulon didn’t take the return flight on April 3, which also cost $1,049."

5 replies, 1219 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Brownback, House speaker used state-owned plane to see KU Chickenhawks in Final Four (Original post)
pstokely Apr 2012 OP
aquart Apr 2012 #1
ejpoeta Apr 2012 #2
Logical Apr 2012 #3
lacrew Apr 2012 #4
Blue_Tires Apr 2012 #5

Response to pstokely (Original post)

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 06:46 AM

1. Republican welfare.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 06:53 AM

2. small government in action.

taxpayers paying for leisure trips. that's fine. as long as it's the regular people paying for it and not rich people. uggh. disgusted.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 07:35 AM

3. Chickenhawks? Jealous much?

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 08:15 AM

4. Both parties will be mute over this

I'm tired of the junkets...they all should stop.

But to pretend it only happens when the other party is in power is naive.

Sebelius used that exact same airplane to see the same Jayhawks in 2008, and I didn't like it then either.

This type of headline just creates a partisan fingerpointing war among we he sheeple, while the governing class quietly hops aboard another airplane. Brownback knows he has 'cover', because he can just point to Sebelius...and whoever replaces Brownback will just point to him. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 08:25 AM

5. Please do not taint my school with any association whatsoever to Brownback, kthxbai

And the name of the mascot is "Jayhawk"...I'll thank you to remember it properly in future reference

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread