HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » They may not like it, but...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Apr 24, 2014, 06:45 AM

They may not like it, but they don't want to repeal it - Obamacare in the South

Southerners Don’t Like Obamacare. They Also Don’t Want to Repeal It.

Despite strong dislike of President Obama’s handling of health care, a majority of people in three Southern states – Kentucky, Louisiana and North Carolina – would rather that Congress improve his signature health care law than repeal and replace it, according to a New York Times Upshot/Kaiser Family Foundation poll.

The poll also found that a majority of Kentucky residents – and a plurality in a fourth state, Arkansas — said they thought the health care marketplace in their state was working well, even as they expressed strong disapproval of the health care law. More than twice as many Kentuckians say their state exchange is working well than say it is not.

The findings in the four states — all with political races that could tip the balance of power in the Senate — underscore the complex and often contradictory views of Mr. Obama’s principal domestic legislation four years after it became law.

“I’m a Republican, but I’m tired of them saying ‘Repeal, repeal, repeal,' ” Ms. Broome, 53, said in a follow-up interview.

Forgot the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/health/health-law-repeal-has-little-support-poll-finds.html?emc=edit_th_20140424&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=45299538

Why is it they truly don't like it? The media is partially blamed here, imagine that!

2 replies, 308 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply They may not like it, but they don't want to repeal it - Obamacare in the South (Original post)
liberal N proud Apr 2014 OP
Champion Jack Apr 2014 #1
ladjf Apr 2014 #2

Response to liberal N proud (Original post)

Thu Apr 24, 2014, 07:34 AM

1. I bet if they renamed the ACA to "white man care" they wouldn't have a problem with it...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to liberal N proud (Original post)

Thu Apr 24, 2014, 08:44 AM

2. Their solution is simple. Kick the Republican Governors out as soon as

possible. That is the classic "no brainer". Wake up Republican voters!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread