HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The eyes are the window t...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:16 PM

The eyes are the window to the soul

No, I do not mean this in a religous sense per se. People have written about that picture of Trayvon Martion and said that is an "old" picture of him. I will ask you this much. Look at his EYES because they do not lie. Now look at a picture of George Zimmerman. Look at his eyes. Can you see the difference? Yes, you CAN see the inside person through their eyes, and in person, their body language. I have a legal degree, and have served on a jury. NO judge, or attorney, will EVER tell a juror to dismiss the body language of a witness. Why do you think an attorney will sometimes tell their client NOT to testify? It is because no matter what they say, jurors will not believe them because they simply do not come across as credible. BODY LANGUAGE. Someone can talk all they want, and give all the reasons in the world, but if you look into their eyes and can see anger, lies, outright hatred, they will not be believed.

To put this in a larger perspective, look into Obama's eyes and tell me what you see. I see peace and tranquility. I do not see anger, hatred, or outright craziness. Compare his eyes to Romeny (lies), Santorum, Backman, Palin (crazy eyes), Limbaugh (hatred), etc., etc.

I have also worked with many teenage boys, most of whom where either developmentally disabled, or at risk. I have looked into so many of their eyes for months and years on end. I do not see any of the same things in Trayvon's eyes, that I saw in the boys I worked with. I see happiness and contentment in those eyes.

If you want to dismiss what I am saying that is fine, but there is an entire field of jury selection which addresses just this issue.

7 replies, 1028 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply The eyes are the window to the soul (Original post)
HockeyMom Mar 2012 OP
K Gardner Mar 2012 #1
abelenkpe Mar 2012 #2
Booster Mar 2012 #3
ScreamingMeemie Mar 2012 #4
HockeyMom Mar 2012 #5
ScreamingMeemie Mar 2012 #6
Little Star Mar 2012 #7

Response to HockeyMom (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:18 PM

1. I completely agree. Totally. You need this pic...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:24 PM

2. It's true

I'm an animator and fascinated with body language. Getting it right really sells the reality of the performance. One of the sites I use as reference all the time is: spyingforlying.com It's a great site and sometimes covers events in the news. There are many others out there too. Understanding body language is very important!

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:27 PM

3. I totally agree with you. And I'm glad you brought up Mr. Obama's eyes; I do see not only peace

and tranquility, but also happiness & contentment. Nothing in Trayvon's eyes shows any hint of anger. This murder stays on my mind from the time I get up til I go to bed again. I have also been very impressed with the way Trayvon's parents have handled themselves. Very classy. This one really hurts.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:28 PM

4. On politicians? I see just eyes. I don't mean to be a downer, but I

don't read anything from so many politician's eyes (Dem or Rep). I don't see what you see in Obama's eyes, but that doesn't mean I don't like him.

I agree with you on Trayvon, on the regular people that I meet, those I'm acquainted with, and those that I love. But politicians? Those guys are a different breed. A guarded breed. I'll even include my own favorite politician, Howard Dean, in that list. Their eyes are just eyes.

My son's eyes? I can read him like a book. My daughter? not so much, but she is more guarded.

Reply to this post

Response to ScreamingMeemie (Reply #4)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:32 PM

5. Yes, you can even with politicians

A person cannot hide their inner feelings with words alone. Once you are aware of this, practice it. You will soon find out that it does work.

Reply to this post

Response to HockeyMom (Reply #5)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:38 PM

6. I am big on reading people. I am very aware of body language and the things

people can say with their eyes... when they let themselves. I'm sorry, but we'll have to disagree on the politician's eyes. They are practiced "liars"... and their eyes, even the ones I adore, are typically closed off to us.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:43 PM

7. I agree. I can't see anything but a lovely child and this loss is a tragedy..

for all of us.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread