HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Wow...Allen West and I ag...

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:36 PM

Wow...Allen West and I agree...eeewwww...

Rep. Allen West blasts handling of Martin shooting case

One of two black Republicans in Congress Thursday offered a stinging critique of the handling of the Trayvon Martin case.

Rep. Allen West, a Florida Republican, wrote in a post on his Facebook page that the shooter of the 17-year-old boy should’ve been arrested and the chief of the Sanford Police department should step down. The police chief did.

“Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason,” West wrote. “I have signed a letter supporting a investigation. I am not heading to Sanford to shout and scream, because we need the responsible entities and agencies to handle this situation from this point without media bias or undue political influences. This is an outrage.”

West’s district is a skinny slab of land on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, including parts of tony towns such as West Palm Beach, Boca Raton and Palm Beach Gardens. Sanford is near Orlando – northwest of West’s district.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/03/rep-allen-west-blasts-handling-of-martin-shooting-118387.html

eta: I want to be clear; I agree that the case has been terribly mishandled. Not with his pot shots at Rev. Sharpton, or anyone that supports this family in their time of need, and that includes me.

11 replies, 1178 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to one_voice (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:42 PM

1. I disagree with West and agree with Al Sharpton

Chief Sanford should be FIRED pending a thorough investigation since this isn't the first time that racist turned a blind eye to racial profiling in his department.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BlueCaliDem (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:43 PM

2. Yeah I think that "shout and scream"

Crack was aimed at Sharpton

Reply to this post

Response to XanaDUer (Reply #2)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:48 PM

7. West knows all about "shout and scream"

because he knows about nothing else. It's all that confused man knows how to do because he sure as heck doesn't know how to legislate.

What a waste of taxpayer dollars he's proven to be. Floridians need to give him a firm boot.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueCaliDem (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:45 PM

4. I agree that he shouldn't be allowed to ever...

wear a uniform again!

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:44 PM

3. notice he couldn't resist taking a shot at Shaprton and others who want to organize

i hear he is running in a different district because of redistricting. anyone know if it's less right wing than what he has now ?

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:45 PM

5. Maybe west isn't a total sellout after all.

Reply to this post

Response to craigmatic (Reply #5)

Mon Mar 26, 2012, 10:38 AM

11. No, as noted by another DU'er on this very same topic the other day, West just realized that

he lives in Florida and is, in fact, Black.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:46 PM

6. How many racist people have hid behind that law?

Whether they are law enforcement or private civilians. Without that law, police would have HAD to detain Zimmerman pending an investigation. Bad laws lead to corruption.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:19 PM

8. hey, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:22 PM

9. piss on allen west

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 26, 2012, 10:20 AM

10. Allen West is a political opportunist, nothing More

Allen West and the shooter in Florida actually have a few things in common: http://takemycountryback.com/allen-west-political-ass-clown/

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread