HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Have you ever noticed rac...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:10 PM

Have you ever noticed racists seem to annoint minorities with supernatural powers?

Back in 2008, during the height of the election season, the internet was abuzz with the story of the Backwards B girl, a McCain volunteer who claimed a scary black man had accosted her and then carved a "B for Barack" into her cheek. Remember how ludicrous that story was? And yet, even when the B was not only revealed to be reversed (and not so much carved as scratched onto the surface of her cheek), some were still calling her story possible. Remember? Some people thought it was perfectly believable that a huge black man jumped into this girl's path, mugged her, knocked her to the ground, knelt down beside her prone body, etched a perfectly legible letter into her upside down face, and then sprang back into the shadows of night without attracting any attention.

Talk about black magic. But that fraudster was racist enough to believe the Pittsburgh police would fall for such a story. Imagine her disappointment when the only ones who thought it possible were her fellow bigots. Now in 2012, we have a case where a neighborhood vigilante managed to persuade the Sanford, FL police that an equally unlikely thing had happened:

"Zimmermanís statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck to meet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon."

So let me get this straight--Trayvon Martin runs so far and fast that Zimmerman can't see him anymore. Then, the second the gunman's back is turned, this magical mystical black teenager quickly dons his invisibility cloak and soundproof shoes and doubles back so quickly he takes his pursuer by surprise? Remember, this all took place within a very short amount of time, within 7:00 and 7:15 PM that evening. Nevermind why a hypothetical "thug" would chose to jump a man whom he had already managed to easily evade--how could a non-wizard pull off this act of subterfuge? Did this boy manage to circle the block lightning-fast and take Zimmerman from behind? After all, I have been told by several racists that "those people" are generally quite athletic.

I leave you with two FreeRepublicans' explanation of how this happened, who have taken their racism to the next level by imagining that blacks are not only supernaturally able-bodied but also supernaturally devious:

"The more dribs & drabs that get out, the more this smells like a setup by a blackwash lynch mob."

=========================

"I agree 1000%.....

The nefarious plan was to trick some dopey white/spanish guy into killing a black kid. They drew straws and Martin pulled the short one.

They are devious bastards."

Holy Hussein Obama! Is there nothing those scary, scary black people CAN'T do?

1 replies, 611 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Have you ever noticed racists seem to annoint minorities with supernatural powers? (Original post)
Bicoastal Mar 2012 OP
rurallib Mar 2012 #1

Response to Bicoastal (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:17 PM

1. What ever the "other" is they all seem to have

magical qualities, while being lazy, drunk, sex maniacs blah, blah, blah.

i used to wonder why Arabs who could float on magic carpets and had genies and other super powers and super strength weren't running the world?

All a part of making "the other" scary, feeding the fear.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread