HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » It's the fault of Democra...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 06:54 PM

It's the fault of Democrats!

My goodness, I'm so glad that Republican men could affirm for me (and a Republican woman or two) that it is the DEMOCRATIC party that is scaring the hell out of women all over this nation by introducing legislation that makes medical procedures required to save their own lives illegal, and to inform them that they are sluts if they use birth control.

My pretty little feminine head could wrap itself around all of this, but now I see it is just a trick by Democrats to convince me that Republicans are bad. They *really* want to talk about jobs and the economy, but there has been so much public outcry by women to restrict our reproductive rights that they just had to address that instead.

Look America, I realize that getting a job is important to you and your family, but whether some woman in Tuscon is taking birth control is the most important issue facing you today. We get that.

Shame on Democrats for daring to point out that the economy is improving - Sally Strongwethers down the street is using birth control and Natalie Nomention had an abortion. THOSE are the real issues facing America. Democrats are just playing politics by pointing out that it is Republicans introducing such legislation.

8 replies, 1182 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply It's the fault of Democrats! (Original post)
Aerows Mar 2012 OP
gratuitous Mar 2012 #1
Aerows Mar 2012 #4
freshwest Mar 2012 #2
Aerows Mar 2012 #3
freshwest Mar 2012 #5
Aerows Mar 2012 #6
Aerows Mar 2012 #7
freshwest Mar 2012 #8

Response to Aerows (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 06:58 PM

1. Really!

If you ladies could just leave your vaginas at home when you go out in public, Republican men wouldn't be so preoccupied with you.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gratuitous (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:05 PM

4. I'm thinking of wearing a burka

Could you recommend one to my menfolk? I couldn't possibly know which one worked best for me.

Reply to this post

Response to Aerows (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:02 PM

2. There is no difference between the two parties! Don't bother to vote! It doesn't matter!

Reply to this post

Response to freshwest (Reply #2)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:04 PM

3. We can't trouble our pretty little heads

Because, you know, politics is man's business, and we are better off in the kitchen making sandwiches and bearing children.

Reply to this post

Response to Aerows (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:39 PM

5. I'm so weird, I never was any good at those things. Power equipment, yes.

I only learned the domestic arts out of the necessity of being independent, caring for myself and my house responsibly. Other than that, I'm not much different than a confirmed bachelor. Takes all kinds, huh.

Reply to this post

Response to freshwest (Reply #5)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:42 PM

6. You learned domestic arts?

Well you must be one of "those" kinds of men! :shudder:

Reply to this post

Response to freshwest (Reply #5)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:12 PM

7. Ah, I understand now

Forgive me for assuming that you were a male. You are a just another strong, independent woman who can decide things for herself like the rest of us who run our own affairs.

I actually an kind of good with the domestic art of cooking, but I can't do laundry without either bleaching something important, dyeing it funny colors or shrinking it in the dryer.

I get by though

Reply to this post

Response to Aerows (Reply #7)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:25 PM

8. We're cool!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread